twelve

𝙎𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣

"Mum, do you really have to go to your stupid reunion?" Zoia whined to her mother.

Her mother is having a reunion with her best friends in Manchester today and they have a rule to not bring their children to their reunion.

"I haven't seen my friends in years, Zoia," her mother replied.

"And why aren't children allowed?"

"Because they always complain."

"Then I'll be home alone for the whole day? I can't cook and there's no food!" she huffed.

"Who says you're staying home? Lily has been kind enough to let you stay over there today," said her mother.

"Lily as in Lily Potter?" Zoia widened her eyes.

"Is there any other Lily you know?"

"No."

"Then get ready Zoia, we're almost ready," said her mother.

Zoia decided to wear a turtleneck with a warm coat and long pants. Not to forget, she also put on her winter boots and beanie.

Throughout the car ride, Zoia felt butterflies in her stomach and she kept bouncing her legs. To say she's nervous is an understatement. Last year Zoia would be ecstatic to stay over at The Potters', heck she did, however after everything that happened between them, it changes everything.

"Bye mum, bye dad," she kissed her parents cheeks.

"Have fun!" they both said.

Zoia only had to knock twice before Lily opened the door. It seems like they were really expecting her arrival. As usual, she took her shoes off before she entered the house and put them on the shoe shelves. She took off her coat and put it on the coat hanger.

"Zoia!" Lily hugged her.

"Hello Zoia," James beamed. "Harry just woke up, he's still eating breakfast. He doesn't know you're coming here."

"He doesn't?"

"Nope, it's a surprise," James smirked. "Go surprise him," he said enthusiastically.

"Okay," Zoia chuckled.

As she entered the dining room, she saw Harry eating a bowl of cereal while reading today's daily prophet.

"Hi Harry," she greeted him.

Harry looked up right away as he heard her and widened his eyes. He choked on his cereal and started coughing.

"Sorry sorry," he drank right away.

"That surprised huh?" She raised her eyebrows and decided to sit next to him.

"What are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining at all, I absolutely love having you here but nobody told me!" he said in one breath.

"Calm down, Potter," she chuckled. "Mum and dad have to leave and your parents offered to let me stay here for today."

"That's amazing!" he beamed. "Sorry I haven't showered — I would if I knew you'd be coming today," he said sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it," she said.

Truthfully he still looked amazing, he always does. The white shirt and the grey tracksuit bottoms. Not to mention his messy hair. Sure Zoia doesn't fancy the boy anymore, she has Anthony but that doesn't mean she couldn't say Harry is in fact a very attractive men.

"Have you eaten? You can have some cereal if you want," he offered her.

"I ate grilled cheese before I got here, but thank you," she smiled at him.