thirty five

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

Harry entered the library with a crimson red face. The sight of him made her overthink and her heart clenched.

"What'd she want?" she demanded. A tone of disapproval can be heard from her.

"Oh er- she wanted to — you know, hang out during valentine's day," he answered hesitantly while his face was getting redder.

"Like a date?" she frowned.

"I- I guess so," he answered.

"What'd you say?" she asked again.

"I don't know — I think?," he said unsure. He remembered when Cho asked him he froze then Cho said she'll see him on the fourteenth.

Zoia felt her heart dropped and she didn't even hide her disapproval of the idea from him.

"What?" she said in a disgusted tone while frowning. "You said yes?"

"I did," he frowned at the sight of her. "Why?"

"Why?" she scoffed. "She cheated on you."

"She said it was a mistake! They've stopped seeing each other since Christmas," he explained. "Why do you care anyway?"

Zoia couldn't believe her ears. Did these past few months really mean nothing to him?

"Why do I care?" she scoffed. "I was there when she cheated on you and after that as well. You cried to me and I spent weeks hearing you insulting her."

"Well I forgive her — and what's your deal anyway, it's none of your business!" he snapped.

"Have you been seeing her these past few days?" she asked. Her tone is dangerously low.

Harry was silent for a while until he finally answered.

"Not intentionally — I was just walking and she would find me and start talking to me."

Zoia felt her heart shattered into pieces and her stomach did an unpleasant swirl. Sure she was heartbroken when Harry dated Cho in fourth year but this is different. For some reason this felt even worse and finally she could feel a lump in her throat.

Not wanting to cry in front of him, she decided to stand up.

"I'm going back to my dorm," she said calmly and left him right away. As she left the library and was about to let a tear fall, she could hear someone behind her.

"Why are you like this? Can't you just be happy for me?"

Zoia turned around to see Harry standing in front of her.

"Happy for you?" she scoffed. "Why should I be happy for you?"

"Because you're my best friend!"

"Well, I guess I'm not," she snapped. She decided to turn around, however before she started walking away from him, he decided to speak again.

"It's not like we're together or anything."

Zoia stood there not wanting to turn around just yet.

"You can't be angry at me. Besides guys are starting to notice you once you start hanging out with me, you should be grateful."

The minute Harry said this, he realized how much he wanted to take it back, but it's too late.

Zoia finally turned around and he could see tears starting to build up in her eyes.

"You're such an arrogant, conceited, arsehole. Don't ever talk to me ever again," she said lowly yet in a very threatening way and left him right away.