thirty six

Magic Bracelet

There's a saying that says, life is like a mosaic where all the pieces would fit together and become its own set of reality. Zoia finally realized this is that time; the change of tone; a new season; the end of book one. All she has been doing all these years is for this moment.

The comforting warmth of childhood love is slipping away from her, a reality check that she is not a kid anymore. Her childhood is over and this is the time for adulthood, real life.

Is she ready? Sure not, but that's life. We can't pause or turn back time just because we're not ready, that's the harsh truth. But is she excited about it? Yeah, a bit, more like the nervous kind of excited. She knows she's not alone in this, everyone has their struggles, especially during the change between adolescence and adulthood.

Today's the last day of the N.E.W.T.s exam also known as her eighteenth birthday. She is beyond excited for the examination to be over.

"Happy birthday," Harry said in a raspy voice, waking the slightly awake girl up.

Staying over for the night was definitely one of the best decisions Harry has ever made because he got to be the first person to see eighteen-year-old Zoia.

Harry decided to study with Zoia and her roommates last night and chose to stay in. The last examination is going to be Defense Against the Dark Arts, both written and practical. He has been the most nervous for the whole night since this is very vital for his auror career.

"Thank you," she fluttered her eyes open, slowly grinning.

"That's the smile," he pinched her cheek.

Before she could reply, the curtain of her bed is opened harshly for them to meet the sight of her roommates, Ginny, and Allie with a sushi cake.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOIA!"

"Oh, my," Zoia squealed, "It's tiers of sushi!"

"That was my idea just so you know," Harry muttered.

"Thank you," Zoia said gratefully before kissing his cheek.

"Well, are you going to eat it?" Asked Monica.

"Obviously," said Zoia. "Well, do any of you guys want it as well?"

"Yes." They answered in unison.

"Okay, but we have to eat it on the floor, I don't want crumbs on my bed."

"Okay, Zoia," they replied.

"Hermione wanted to come by the way but Ron kept her," Ginny huffed, "But no worries Zoi, Hermione always has plans."

"It's alright," Zoia chuckled. "You guys can start eating now, Harry and I are going to brush our teeth first."

Zoia dragged Harry to the bathroom. She couldn't keep the smile off her face. This is her first birthday with Harry — as her boyfriend! Not to mention this is her last birthday here at Hogwarts. She's eighteen! She's legal in the muggle world now.

Once they finished brushing their teeth, Harry tutted, "You're a cougar, dating a seventeen-year-old boy," shaking his head.

"Oh shut up," Zoia pulled him by his shirt for a kiss.

"I love getting ready in the morning with you, can we shower together after this? It saves water you know," Harry smirked.

"That is definitely not the reason you want to shower together but yes sure," she answered. "But remember, just showering. We can't get our heads anywhere else, especially with that. We're going to take our examination."