nineteen

𝘽𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

"Your turn," said Harry as he handed her the parchment.

Harry and Zoia are currently at DADA class and per usual, they aren't paying any attention. They were playing a game of tic tac toe.

"I win," she said cockily.

"Fuck," he groaned.

Zoia's face burned up at the sound of his groan. Snap out of it Zoia. Snap out of it.

"Wanna play another game?" he asked.

"Y-yeah," she stammered.

And they did, until Umbridge caught them.

"What are you both doing" Umbridge shrieked.

"What do you think we're doing?" Harry answered for the both of them which received a nudge from Zoia while the rest of the class tried to hold a laughter.

"How many times should I tell you to speak politely to your superior! Detention! Both of you!"

Zoia gave Harry the are you serious look and Harry just smirked.

"At least you'll be spending it with me," he whispered to her which sent shivers down her spine.

"Yeah, while our hands are being cut open," she glared at him.

"Then we'll take care of each other," he smirked at her.

She knows he's not talking about their hands or maybe he did, but in a completely different context. A blush started to form in Zoia's face which made her look away from the boy.

"You're cute when you blush, don't hide it," he whispered to her again.

After their DADA class, they walked together to their divination class. Zoia sat next to Harry with Monica and Ron in front of them.

Everyone could tell Umbridge's existence took a toll on Professor Trelawney.

"I'm surprised she hasn't been sacked yet," said Zoia. "Umbridge thinks she's a fraud isn't she."

"The only one thing I could agree on with that Toad," said Harry. "But yeah, I think just the same as you Zo, wonder why."

"You just agree and follow everything Zoia says," Ron huffed.

"And what's wrong with that? She's smart and wise," Harry frowned.

Monica just shook her head while Zoia's trying to control the butterflies in her stomach.

Professor Trelawney was handing out copies of The Dream Oracle yet again, more like slammed it.

"Well, carry on!" said Professor Trelawney loudly, her voice high pitched and somewhat hysterical. "You know what to do! Or am I such a substandard teacher that you have never learned how to open a book?"

The class stared perplexedly at her and then at each other. As Professor Trelawney flounced back to the high-backed teacher's chair, her magnified eyes full of angry tears, Harry leaned his head closer to Zoia's and muttered, "I think she's got the results of her inspection back."

"Professor?" said Parvati Patil in a hushed voice (she and Lavender had always rather admired Professor Trelawney). "Professor, is there anything — er — wrong?"

"Wrong!" cried Professor Trelawney in a voice throbbing with emotion. "Certainly not! I have been insulted, certainly. . . . Insinuations have been made against me. . . . Unfounded accusations levelled . . . but no, there is nothing wrong, certainly not. . . ."