thirty four

Popin' Cookin'

N.E.W.T.s grew closer each day making Harry alarmed more than ever, not to mention he isn't that satisfied with the results of his essays that he just got back.

"Hey, Bambippo! Look at what my parents just sent-" Zoia immediately stopped when she saw Harry looking extremely frustrated on his study desk.

She put her stuff on his bed before walking towards him.

"Are you okay?" She put her thumb and index finger on his chin, tilting his head up.

"What do you think?" he scoffed, immediately looking away from her.

"Talk to me, c'mon," she said softly. Remembering their thing, Zoia rummaged through her pocket to find a sickle. "A sickle for your thoughts?"

Harry grabbed her sickle and put it on his table.

"Happy now?" he rolled his eyes.

"Hey? What's with this attitude?" she scolded him.

"Nothing," he shook his head.

"Can I sit on your lap?" she asked him, smiling as she did.

"Er- yeah, sure," he stammered.

"Now, stop acting childish and talk to me like an adult." She demanded.

"I'm failing," he sighed, "I don't want to repeat a year, it's embarrassing."

"You're not going to repeat a year, Harry," she said softly.

"Easy for you to say." He scoffed bitterly.

"Hey, don't talk to me like that!" she scolded him.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"The only one who ever failed N.E.W.T.s that we know was Marcus Flint and he has the brain of a concussed troll," she said.

He laughed at this statement.

"You're smart, Harry but I could tell you've been distracted lately, and I have to admit, some of it was probably because of me; I'm sorry for that," she apologized.

"Don't be, it's not your fault," he smiled at her. "I've been trying to live my last year here to the fullest that I neglected my school work."

"Good thing you have me as a girlfriend!" she beamed, "I'm going to help you, don't worry. How about this, I will make you study cards like the one I made you in the fifth year, and every Sunday, I will give you a fake test — the Zoia test. You have to at least get an exceeds expectations, if not — no shagging for a week."

"What?!" he shrieked.

"I'm not playing around, Harry. You have to pass the Zoia test with a good score if you want to shag me. It's for your own good."

"Fine," he huffed.

"Good," she caressed his cheek before pulling him into a nice comforting kiss. "I love you, Harry. It's going to be okay."

"I love you too, Zo," he smiled gratefully at her.

"There's no point in studying if you're frustrated like this, nothing will get through your brain so let's have a break for a while," she suggested, "My parents just sent me two boxes of Popin' Cookin'; one for me and one for you. It's a do-it-yourself candy thing, it's adorable, let me show you."

She stood up and pulled him with her to his bed. She grabbed the two boxes and gave one of them to him.

"Let's sit on the floor so we don't get your bed dirty," she said.