Chapter 45

On the branch of the moon, He Yue came out from Ling Tian and came directly to the main tent, "Father."

He Zhengde smelled the faint smell of alcohol on his son, and frowned, "Going to Ling Yi again?"

"Father..." He Yue had no choice but to say, "Ling Yi's character and demeanor can't be picked, and he saved his son's life, so don't be prejudiced against him.

" I haven't found out who he is. After Dad leaves, hundreds of thousands of troops will be handed over to you. You are the coach, so you can't be so defenseless." He Zhengde put his calloused hands on The son pressed heavily on his shoulder.

He Yue didn't refute again this time, and nodded with a sullen face.

When the northwest wind was raging, General Huaiyuan finally set off with 30,000 soldiers, and the battles in the northwest became more frequent due to the arrival of cold winter. The Rong people lacked food in winter, so they could only obtain supplies by burning, killing and looting.

Ling Tian was worried that things in Yanjing would change, so he proposed to lure the enemy. They sent people to disguise themselves as large caravans and move around the cities where the Rong people often appeared.

Sure enough, the Rong people were fooled, and within three days they sent a cavalry team of tens of thousands of people over.

Seeing the enemy stepping into the encirclement, General He Xiao rode out first, "

Kill—" The war drum sounded suddenly, and the menacing Huben army rushed towards the Rong people like a tiger descending the mountain.

Ling Tian pulled his horse's head, turned sideways to avoid a big knife from a Rong general, and then made a backhanded sword, directly killing the enemy. Hot blood splashed onto Ling Tian's face, he looked up at the direction where the battle was most intense, worried that the killer sent by the old emperor would take the opportunity to attack.

Sure enough, one of our soldiers suddenly shot a hidden arrow, "Be careful——"

Ling Tian grabbed He Yue's collar, and the two of them fell off the horse together. Ling Tian rolled on the spot, rushed to He Yue, and blocked the killer's sharp blade with his sword.

"It's you! When did the former prince of Dingnan join the Huben army?" The killer in the uniform of a soldier was the son of aristocratic family who succeeded Ling Tian later, and he recognized Ling Tian at a glance.

Whether he recognized it or not, he was going to kill Ling Tian, ​​so before Ling Tian could react, he had already raised his sword and killed him, "Today, the Commander wants to see whether it is you with high martial arts skills, or the Commander is more powerful." It's better!"

Ling Tian didn't bother to talk to him at all, this person couldn't even beat the original owner, let alone him. After stabbing the killer with a few strokes, he turned and returned to He Yue, who had been motionless just now, "Little General He, General He?"

Ling Tian turned him over, only to find that there was a deep scar on his arm. It was caused by being crossed by the arrow's edge. But the problem is that the wound is blue and black, the arrow should be smeared with poison!

Seeing that the situation was wrong, Hu Yuan and the others had already surrounded him, "What's wrong with the little general?"

Ling Tian said, "You've been poisoned."

They heard Ling Tian's shout before, and they saw the arrow shot from behind them, so they didn't doubt it. , only anxiously said, "Get the little general back!"

"Where's the military doctor, where is the military doctor?"

"What about the killer? He might have an antidote!

" General!"

Ling Tian shook his head, "It's not a Rong." Pointing to the dead body on the ground, he said, "I met him in Yanjing, he is the commander of the imperial palace guards personally appointed by the emperor."

"What, the commander of the guards?"" The emperor's people?!"

All the generals looked at each other in blank disbelief.

Now the battle has come to an end, the ground is full of corpses of Rong people, even if they are not dead, they are covered in blood and crumbling. Taking advantage of the situation, Ling Tian took over the military power. On the one hand, he ordered people to clean up the battlefield and kill the fish that slipped through the net; on the other hand, he ordered people to carry back the corpses of He Yue and the killer.

Not only that, he would also send people to search the nearby cities and villages to find out the killer's accomplices.

Ling Tian has become familiar with everyone these days. Most of the generals in the army are upright. Ling Tian is also a natural leader with a convincing temperament. Everyone began to listen to him without knowing it.

After finishing everything, Ling Tian didn't even have time to take a sip of water, so he sneaked into the military doctor's tent to see He Yue, "How is little General He?

" , My ordinary antidote doesn't work at all."

"Is there anything found on the killer?"

Hu Yuan and the others shook their heads, "Except for a dagger and a fire pocket, there isn't even anything that can prove his identity."

Ling Tian frowned, He Yue is like this now, it's too late to find an accomplice.

He thought for a while, "Is there anyone in the nearby village who raises cows? Bring some milk back and give it to General He to try?"

Milk is the most common detoxification method in modern times, and he is at a loss what to do. Horse doctor.

The military doctor had no choice but to agree to try.

Milk feeding plus military doctor's daily medicine and acupuncture, it's a two-pronged approach. A few days passed, He Yueren didn't wake up, but his complexion improved a lot, the military doctor said happily, "It works, the little general is saved, thanks to General Ling's solution!"

Some quick-witted generals thought that Ling Tian would not save the little general if he wanted to take the opportunity to seize power, but Ling Tian saved him anyway, and they couldn't understand what Ling Tian was thinking. But after this battle, the generals have convinced Ling Tian a lot.

In Yanjing City, Murong Bai obeyed Ling Tian's order and stood behind the prince at all times, pretending not to know anything about Duan Wang's party.

King Duan thought that he had the chance to win, so he joined forces with King Jing and the commander of the five cities' soldiers and horses to force the palace together. It turns out that the Commander of the Wucheng Bingmasi is the old emperor on the surface, but he has been persuaded by Duan Wang in private. King Duan gave away the beauties again, and also promised to entrust him with titles after the event was completed, so the commander naturally couldn't resist.

It's a pity that the mantis is catching the cicada, and the oriole is behind. The old emperor has already stepped out of the net, waiting for them to drill.

Even though he had learned of his father's plan from Ling Tian, ​​Murong Bai was still in a cold sweat. When he walked out of the blood-stained palace wall, the cries and pleadings of Prince Duan and Prince Jing still seemed to be lingering in his ears...

However, there was no turning back when he opened the bow. At this point, he had no choice but to trust Ling Tian!

Not long after, the executions of Prince Duan and Prince Jing came down. King Duan was executed, and Princess Duan and Prince Duan's daughter were exiled to Changzhou. Prince Jing seized the title and confined him, without an imperial decree for amnesty, he would never even think about it in this life. Their henchmen were also killed and exiled, and none of them came to a good end.

As soon as the execution of the rebel party came down, Long Jianwei quickly captured General Huaiyuan who helped put down the rebellion.

He Zhengde never thought that the emperor would deal with him on the cusp of this storm, because his army was still stationed outside the city, how could the emperor attack him?

"Who are you? Why arrest this general?"

"The emperor's secret decree, Huaiyuan General He Zhengde formed a party to monopolize power, set up a private mine in the northwest, forged weapons and traded with the Rong people. The evidence is solid, the general should be arrested without a fight." Long The chief of the imperial guards was expressionless and authentic.

He Zhengde was shocked, "I, I want to see the emperor. I opened the mine to forge weapons only to equip the Tiger Army, and I have never traded with the Rong people..."

Although He Zhengde is old and strong, his cronies have been injured by the Dragon Guards He was wounded and killed, he was no match for four hands with two fists, and was quickly captured.

"Has there been any news from the northwest?" The old emperor dropped the memorial in his hand and asked.

Hu Sheng glanced at the door and shook his head, "Never."

"What's wrong with Li Yingnian? Didn't he say that the arrangement has been made and it's guaranteed!" The old emperor was a little annoyed, because there were his men in the army outside the city. When the news of He Zhengde's collaborating with the enemy and traitorous country and hanging himself died spread, no one would take the risk of being labeled a traitor and revolt. However, he was worried that if He Yue who stayed in the northwest was not eliminated, the Huben army would not be under his control for a day.

It's not that the old emperor couldn't wait, he did it before the news came back from the northwest, it was because he wanted to take advantage of the aftermath of King Duan's rebellion, the people in the capital were panicked, and no one would notice. Otherwise, when the tens of thousands of troops outside the city react, something will really happen.

"Forget it, order people to spread the news of He Yue's death in battle." He Zhengde was dealt with first, and he was crucified on the charge of collaborating with the enemy and traitorous country. He arranged for the eunuch meeting in Datong to announce the decree together with the general army of Datong. If He Yue is not dead at that time, he will just take him down and catch him by surprise.

It is impossible for the tiger and cardinal army to have no leader, and the general army of Datong is suppressing it.

But the best solution is that Li Yingnian succeeded in assassinating He Yue and blamed the Rong people. I hope that Li Yingnian will be more reliable in doing things and miss his important event. He copied the Li family's nine clans!

After all, Li Yingnian's ability is still much worse than Fu Lingtian's. If Fu Lingtian didn't get angry midway, how could he be so troublesome.

The news of He Yue's death at the hands of the Rong people quickly spread throughout the capital. Before the Huben army stationed outside the city had time to meet the general, they heard the news that the general committed suicide in prison by collaborating with the enemy and traitorous country.

"Why did the general collude with the enemy and betray the country? Did the emperor make a mistake?"

"I heard that there was an informer, but the emperor didn't fully believe it. He was about to order the three divisions to interrogate. Who knew that the news of the young general's death in battle came out at this time. No wonder the general "Hey!"

"So, the general was wronged?"

At this moment, a general suddenly stood up and said, "Probably not, I, I know where the mine opened by the general is, and I have seen them follow the mine." Rongren trade."

"Wang Da, don't talk nonsense."

"I'm not talking nonsense..." The general who called Wang Da was about to tell the location, when someone among the soldiers shouted, "The little general is here!"

"What little general, which little general are you talking about?" The

messenger cried and laughed, "Which other little general?"

"Didn't the little general die in battle?"

"No, I saw it all, the little general is still alive !"

Wang Dayi's face immediately changed when he heard this.

The others didn't care so much, they rushed outside the camp to see, "Little general!"

"It's really a little general!" "Little general is really still alive!" " Little

general, what's wrong with you?"

In the wheelchair, his face was pale, and he sneered, "Poisoned."

He explained the cause and effect to everyone, and said, "My father set up a mine privately, and he was not forced by the gang of thieves in the military department. With only the little food and supplies they distributed, even if everyone didn't die in the hands of the Rong people, they would sooner or later be killed." Frozen to death and starved to death!"

"Everything my father did was for the brothers of the Huben army, and he never traded with the Rong people. But the emperor believed it and sent someone to the battlefield to assassinate me."

After listening to his words, everyone Explained, and immediately the crowd became excited, "Wang Da just said bad things about the general, was he sent by the dog emperor?"

"It must be!"

"Kill him!" "Kill him, kill him..."

He Looking at the crowd with red eyes, Yue turned around and asked Ling Tian, ​​"You said that my father is still alive, is it true? As long as he helps His Highness King Jian win the throne, he will let us father and son go?"

"It is true , I assure you." However, the military power must be taken back.

"I believe you."

He Yue actually understood that, not to mention that he didn't have much attachment to power, even if he really had that thought, it was impossible for their father and son to win the throne.

First of all, they are not from the blood of the Murong family, and the fight for the throne is not justified. It is very likely that if they sit on the throne today, tomorrow there will be rebellions from all states and counties to crusade against rebellion. Even if a puppet is pushed on, they have no foundation in the aristocratic family and the court, and they cannot stand at all.

Of course Ling Tian knew that in this era the imperial power was still respected, otherwise the old emperor would not have made such a show, and he had succeeded in the previous life of the original owner. Don't look at their instigation of rebellion is going well now, it was all inspired by the tragic situation of the He family father and son, in another time, in another situation, they might not dare to dare.

And what Ling Tian has to do is to take advantage of this upsurge and bring people into the palace!