Chapter 80

This day, the educated youth had some rest, and Ling Tian accompanied Cui Mobai to acquaintances in the village to exchange some cotton. The quantity was not much, only a small basket.

Ling Tian didn't seem to be able to make a padded coat and trousers, and asked suspiciously, "Why don't you change some more? If the money is not enough, I can help you with it first."

"No, it's enough." Cui Mobai hurriedly refused , he gave Ling Tian a thank you gift, what's the matter if he asked the other party to pay?

Besides, his cotton coat and trousers can be changed and washed, so there is no need to make new ones. In fact, there is still a lot of cotton in this bit, and then I can make a hat or gloves for Ling Tian.

When the two walked to the educated youth spot, they saw that the courtyard was full of people, except for some with red armbands, and even the village chief Uncle Shi was there.

"What's going on?" Ling Tian asked.

A group of people turned their heads to see them, Kong Xiangyang gloated, and raised his voice, "Cui Mobai, you are finally back, they are all here to look for you, you have been reported!"

Cui Mobai was startled, "Report? Report me for what?"

His face turned pale, and his body couldn't help trembling slightly. He didn't forget that when he heard these two words, his family was smashed to pieces, and his parents and he were taken to the G Committee. Later he was allowed to go home and never saw his parents until he went to the countryside.

Ling Tian kept watching, and gave him a hand indiscriminately, "Don't panic, I'm here!"

Cui Mobai turned to look at him, the corners of his upturned eyes were slightly red, but he still nodded in trust.

"Cui Mobai, someone wrote a letter to report you as speculators, do you admit it?"

Before Cui Mobai could speak, Ling Tian first chimed in, "What evidence do you have?"

"Who are you? Let him explain himself, and if he interrupts again, I will treat you as his accomplice!" Director Li glanced at him with dissatisfaction in his eyes. Seeing this, Uncle Shi, the village head, hurried forward to explain, "This is Shi Lingtian from our village has just returned from the army and has made meritorious service in the army."

He emphasized the word "meritorious service", probably because he wanted to use Ling Tian's identity to suppress the opponent's arrogance. In fact, Third Uncle Shi was also very annoyed, speculation is not a joke, not only the person involved will be shaken, but even their entire village will be affected. When he went to commune meetings in the future, the commune leaders would regard them as negative models. Not only would he be discriminated against, but he would also be pushed behind other production teams in matters such as distributing seeds and paying public food.

"The evidence is that letter, which said that Cui Mobai's whereabouts are often missing recently, and he also carries a large amount of supplies with him." Director Li really restrained himself a bit, the influence of the army in the local area is still very large, in case Shi Lingtian telegraphs to the army to complain , or directly report him against veterans, his future will be affected.

"I can explain why the whereabouts are unknown. He was with me. We went up the mountain to dig wild vegetables. We used the rest time to go up the mountain, so we won't break the law?" Ling Tian said. They did dig wild vegetables a few times, and Bring back the educated youth order for everyone to eat.

"Yes, Comrade Cui did bring back wild garlic, wild leeks, winter cold vegetables and seaweed sprouts. We all ate them." Li Bin was the first to help.

"That's right, Comrade Cui went digging wild vegetables, so he definitely didn't speculate."

"We all believe him..."

More than half of the educated youths were helping to speak, and Director Li's face darkened, "If you say there is no, there is no evidence, what is the evidence? "

Ling Tian replied, "You don't have evidence, do you? The letter said that Cui Mobai was carrying a large amount of supplies. Besides the one who reported it, did anyone else see it?" He turned to look at the educated youth at the educated youth spot, "You guys Did you see it?"

Everyone shook their heads, but Liu Chunhong hesitated for a moment and didn't dare to say anything.

Seeing that the situation was one-sided, Kong Xiangyang was in a bad mood, so he came out anxiously and pointed at Liu Chunhong, "You told me clearly that you saw Cui Mobai coming back from outside with several big bags, why didn't you dare to admit it?!"

Liu Chunhong was startled, "When did I tell you, don't talk nonsense."

This idiot, write a report letter as soon as you write a report letter, what are you doing jumping up and down? I'm afraid people don't know that he is the one who wrote the report letter!

He wanted to die, but she didn't want to be dragged into the water. Didn't Uncle Shi look at them differently?

Uncle Shi's face turned cold, and he asked in a deep voice, "Kong Xiangyang, did you see it with your own eyes? Or was it you who wrote the report letter?"

"No, it wasn't me!" Kong Xiangyang panicked. I am very afraid of Uncle Shi. He was lazy when he first came, and was punished by Uncle Shi to pick up excrement for a week. Since then, when he sees him, he can't wait to take a detour.

Although Kong Xiangyang tried his best to cover it up, but he was too tender, how could he hide it from the sharp-eyed Third Uncle Shi.

Ling Tian glanced at Liu Chunhong, "It doesn't matter if it's you, you were probably taken advantage of by someone."

"It's really not me!" Kong Xiangyang was like a cat whose paws were stepped on, and he couldn't hide his panic. Even Director Li has seen his identity. This report letter is probably written by him.

He took the letter and questioned Liu Chunhong, "Is what Kong Xiangyang said true? Have you seen it?" Before Liu Chunhong hesitated to come to the conclusion, he shouted again and threatened, "Be honest, or I will take you back for interrogation! You You have to think about it carefully, once you leave the village, your reputation will be ruined."

Although Liu Chunhong has a lot of twists and turns in private, she is a young girl who has never seen such a scene before, and she was frightened by Director Li. , tremblingly explained, "I did see it, about ten days ago, Cui Mobai asked Hypothesis to go to the town to pick up the package, and then came back with several large packages."

Director Li raised his letter, "The whistleblower and we have confirmed with the post office. Cui Mobai has indeed gone to pick up the package, but there are not many things, only a small bag."

Upon hearing this, Third Uncle Shi insulted Kong Xiangyang again. With one glance, he shrank back in fright.

Ling Tian said, "Now Liu Chunhong is the only one who has said that Cui Mobai has brought a large amount of supplies back, right? Uncle, did Kong Xiangyang go back to the educated youth spot that day?" Uncle Shi has

so many things to do every day, how can he think of them, but the people around him A scorekeeper said, "Kong Xiangyang had been working in the field that day. Liu Chunhong ran away with the excuse of drinking water. The third uncle asked me to deduct three points for her. I remember it very clearly." Work records can be checked."

Ling Tian nodded gratefully to him, "Now only Liu Chunhong says she saw it, but everyone else didn't see it. The public says the public is right, and the mother-in-law says the mother-in-law is right, why don't you just search the entire educated youth site? Don't let go of the house."

Liu Chunhong jumped up, "Why?!"

Not only Liu Chunhong, but also two male educated youths had unsightly faces, "That's right, why? Only Cui Mobai was reported, so it's none of our business "

"Why, just based on this report letter, all of you are suspected! You don't want to be searched, did you do something illegal?" Director Li's gaze stayed on them for a moment, then slipped After passing other educated youths, "Or are you hiding things that are not visible?"

"No, no." The others were terrified and strongly denied it.

Cui Mobai took a deep breath, and glanced at Ling Tian, ​​"Then search, I have no objection."

Uncle Shi gave him and Ling Tian an appreciative glance, and then looked at Li Bin, the leader of the educated youth, "Li Bin, what do you say? ?"

The more it is difficult for people to search clearly, the more it is impossible to eliminate suspicions, it is better to do the opposite, otherwise they will be targeted by the mad dogs of the G Committee, and all of them will not be able to fall!

Li Bin pondered for a moment, then nodded, "I am willing to accept the inspection."

He said so, and the rest of He Fang and others also expressed their willingness in twos and threes. In this way, Liu Chunhong and the two male educated youths Wang Jiangang and Wu Hongguo were in a difficult situation.

Don't let the search, they are suspected, let the search, they are finished...

Wang Jiangang swallowed, and pierced Kong Xiangyang with hatred in his eyes: it was him, if he hadn't written the report letter, how could they have been blocked Come!

Liu Chunhong was also dumbfounded, she just wanted to take revenge on Cui Mobai. Because she was afraid of accidents, she didn't dare to do it herself, but hinted at Kong Xiangyang, a fool. How could this happen...

Director Li took the lead and searched the entire educated youth spot from top to bottom. Except for everyone's daily necessities, the red armbands questioned every valuable item, even the ones in Cui Mobai's back basket. The cotton has been turned over.

"Where does the cotton come from, and what is it used for?"

"I exchanged it with Mrs. Du in the village, and used it to make cotton shoes and cotton hats..." Cui Mobai replied helplessly. With such a little cotton, I can't even make a cotton jacket. I need to ask Is it so clear?

As for the supplies sent by his sister, they were checked one by one. Fortunately, it was registered on the mailing list, otherwise he really couldn't explain it clearly!

In fact, Cui Mobai is considered good, he has few things, and his family is more troublesome, and he almost couldn't get out.

"What is this?"

"Red red...sweet potato...jade, corn, and potato..." Liu Chunhong answered with a trembling voice. Her mental quality is really not very good. She was shaking like chaff. Everyone knew that she had a problem. .

"Where did it come from, and how did you put it in the cabinet?"

Liu Chunhong couldn't answer, and was forced to ask a few more questions, so she couldn't help crying while covering her face.

Originally, she was not like this, but Wang Jiangang and Wu Hongguo could still say that they found someone to replace her. Although it's a temporary solution, not the root cause, it will be found out sooner or later, but at least it can be delayed for a while, right?

Besides, Third Uncle Shi will definitely help them find a way for the production brigade of Tongshan Village.

But they never expected that there would be a variable like Liu Chunhong. Wu Hongguo hurriedly said, "Let me explain first, can... can I be given a lighter punishment?"

Wang Jiangang looked sideways, never expecting that he would betray himself in this way, " I said!"

"I said, I said, we secretly brought it back in our clothes while we were working in the field."

Uncle Shi was furious, "What do you mean by taking? You are stealing, stealing food from the production team! The

villagers also criticized one after another, "No wonder we don't have enough food. You educated youths stole it!"

Li Bin and others blushed, ashamed that such a black sheep appeared in the educated youth group.

Wu Hongguo argued in a low voice, "We don't have much..."

Wang Jiangang stepped forward and grabbed Uncle Shi's sleeve, "Uncle, we won't do it in the future, so please forgive us this time."

Uncle Shi was angry He flicked him away, "Don't tell me, tell Director Li yourself!"

Director Li caught three typical, still educated youths, of course he would not let them go. He turned his head to look at Cui Mobai again, and Ling Tian stood sideways in front of them, "Now that all the searches are over, can it prove that Comrade Cui is innocent?"

Director Li was noncommittal.

Ling Tian said again, "Since it has been proved that he is innocent, should the person who wrote the report letter be arrested and interrogated? This kind of black sheep cannot be tolerated."

Director Li's eyes lit up, and he immediately turned to look at Kong Xiangyang, frightened Kong Xiangyang backed away again and again, "It's not me."

Director Li took out the report letter and praised it, and said ruthlessly, "We have handwriting comparison, do you have your letter in your room? You have also gone to the post office to ask someone to verify it. You'll know it as soon as you recognize it."

"I didn't mean it!" Kong Xiangyang's face turned pale, his eyes searched around the crowd, as if looking for someone to come out to save him, when he saw Cui Mobai, his eyes lit up, and he quickly He rushed over, "Mobai, please forgive me, I was fooled by lard for a while, I will never dare again..."

Cui Mobai looked at him with a complicated expression, "Why?"

"I...I just Jealous of you, jealous that you are more popular than me, and you have a good sister who often sends you good things. But me, I have parents, two brothers, two sisters, I have been here for half a year, and only received Twice the parcels, and once I returned the pickled vegetables!" Kong Xiangyang's eyes showed jealousy, but he quickly realized, "We came together, but I was always compared to you every time, so I listened to Liu Chunhong's words. Bewitched, I wrote a report letter to report you. I really didn't want to harm you, I just wanted you to be reported, and maybe I would change the place..."

Thanks to Shi Laowu reminding him, otherwise he would not know that he was raped by Liu Chunhong. Take advantage of it!

"Changing place?" Cui Mobai smiled wryly, "What you call changing place, do you mean being bullied and living in a cowshed?"

Kong Xiangyang's eyes flickered, and he didn't dare to look at him.

"Since you don't think it's harmful, then you can taste it for yourself. Everyone should be responsible for what they have done.

" Kicking away, "Get out!"

Kong Xiangyang didn't dare to provoke him, and wanted to turn his head to beg Third Uncle Shi, but Third Uncle Shi immediately turned his head away and watched Director Li's men take away the four people including Kong Xiangyang.

After they left, Third Uncle Shi glared at Li Bin and warned in a low voice, "Next time, all of you will pick up dung for me from now on!

" I can't help venting my anger.

Ling Tian's heart skipped a beat, knowing that from today onwards, people in the village would definitely start targeting the educated youths. No matter how capable he is, he can't stop everyone...

The author has something to say: Actually, if the educated youths do this, the villagers will more or less have it. But they refused to admit their mistakes, because in their minds, the educated youths were outsiders who came to grab food from them, and if they ate it, it could only be regarded as internal digestion, and if the educated youths ate it, it would be a heinous crime. It's human...