My Beginning After the End

It's now been two years since my heart problems started. I was currently in a hospital bed, waiting for the doctors to come and get me. Sitting next to me was my mother, she was worried sick about me. I needed a heart transplant today, and supposedly it's super risky. I had my tablet on my stomach, I read to distract myself. I had open book seven of The Beginning After the End novels.

"Luke, are you hungry?" My mother asked me, the look in her eyes told me everything I needed to know. Her legs were twitching, and I could see that she was crying, because her eyes were red.

"I can't eat before surgery, you know that." I told her as I turned off my tablet. "How about after I'm all healed up, we get the pizza we both love?" I looked her in the eyes. I didn't like seeing my mom like this, ever since my father died. She has wanted nothing but the best for me. If something happened to me, I don't know what she would do.

"Oh, I forgot, and that sounds like a good deal." She grabbed my hand on the bed. "You are going to be okay Luke."

"I know mom."

"Luke it's time." Doctor Key said walking into the room and smiled at me. "Let's get you a new heart kiddo."

My mother's hand gripped around mine tighter. "I love you Luke, I'll see you when you are done."

"I love you too, mom."

Doctor Key undid something, and the bed started to move. "We will do everything we can to make sure your son comes out okay and with a heart." Doctor Key smiled and started pushing my bed down a hall. "You got this."

"Shouldn't I be telling you that Doctor Key." I laughed, but it hurt a little.

"I guess so, don't worry Luke. We got you." Doctor Key rolled me into a room with other doctors inside. Two of them lifted me up and onto another table. "Doctor Stevens will give you a mask, and all you have to do is breath. It will make you go to sleep."

A doctor rolled up on my other side in a chair, with a mask in her hand. "Watch out." She untangled some cords and then held the mask over my face. "You're going to start to feel drowsy, just count down from ten out loud."

"10."

"9."

"8."

"7," My eyes started to drift shut.

"6."

"5."

"4...." I passed out.

----

Where am I? Everything is dark, I can't see or hear a single thing. I tried to move, but I was unable to. What in the world is going on?

Oh my god! I'm dead. That's the only explanation. I can't see, hear, or move anything. Wait, let's see if I can smell. Nope, can't smell either. I feel trapped, not like I'm dead.

"It still hurts!" A female voice shouted. My ears work! I'm not dead, or am I. Did I go blind? No, did the new heart make me blind? That's not possible actually, why was I blind? I tried to talk but no words were heard.

"That is because you are still in labor Mrs. Leywin. It looks like you are having twins." What? Did I just hear what I think I did? That has to be a funny coincidence, someone in the hospital has the last name Leywin. "Your going to have to keep going."

Was I in the same room as them or something?

Then I saw light, and then more light. "Congrats, it looks like you're having another boy." Everything was a little foggy and my eyes felt like they were stuck closed. I started to move and then I finally managed to peel my eyes open.