The Curse

"I don't know what I would do if something happened to either one of you, I know you're not my children, but I helped raise both of you for a couple years." Elder Virion looked at me sincerely.

"Gramps, don't worry, we've got this." At least I hoped we did. "I appreciate everything that you have done for me and my family."

"Virion, you have done a lot for my family as well." We exchanged smiles, and fell silent, thinking about what to do next.

A thought came to my mind, a dark thought, but it wasn't a thought, it was more of another realization. "Shit!" I exclaimed and stood up from my seat again. "Shit, shit, shit." I started to make my way to the door.

Elder Virion stood up as well, and this time, called out to me. "What's wrong, child?" I stopped and shook my head. "What is it?"

"Shit, it's nothing." I took another step. "I need to check up on something, if you see my family, tell them what's going on, please."

"I will, are you sure everything is fine?"

"Yes." I answered quickly, and began to leave the room, making my way down the hall. I needed to get to the floor below.

I forgot about this, and we were just talking about it too. Cynthia Goodsky dies soon in the novel, like right after Arthur returns, and I freaking forgot. I was so busy in the dungeons and training, all I did for her was help with the symptoms, but she was in a coma again, which meant either the curse was going to activate, or someone was coming to kill her. I never really knew how she ended up with a spike in her.

I found the stairs, and made my way down, I activated "Blood Oath" as I did. The guards I passed didn't seem to be bothered by me, I approached a door, with a guard in front of it. "Is Anna in there?"

"Yes, are you here to help again?" The guard asked me, it's good he remembers who I am.

"Yeah, can I go in?" The guard opened the door for me, and I walked in. "Thanks." Anna was sitting in a chair next to the Director's bed. "Anna, mind if I check in on her?" She was the doctor in charge of taking care of Cynthia Goodsky.

"Virion, it's good to see you." Anna got up from her chair, and I motioned for her to stay sitting.

"It's good to see you too, Anna." I told her as I sat down on the other side of the bed, in a chair facing Cynthia.

"What brings you down here?" She asked as she sat back down in her chair.

"I sensed something coming off of Director Goodsky." I started to manipulate the blood in her body, searching for the curse again. "Mind if I spend some time in here?"

"Of course, go ahead, what did you sense, if you don't mind me asking?" Anna asked me, and I found the curse, then started to manipulate the blood around it.

"All I felt was this dark energy, so I came down to check on it." I lied, needing a reason to be down here. The curse was still stable, it wasn't activated, so I got here in time. If the curse didn't activate tonight, that means some things are changed.

She still had a curse, I've been so lost, I forgot to figure out how to remove it. My blood healing was not working, shit, I needed to figure something else out.

"Is it bad?" Anna asked me, concerned about the Director's safety.

"If what I am thinking is going to happen, yes, yes it's bad." I told her honestly, there was no need to lie, I can make shit up because I am the only one who can sense and manipulate blood. "Don't say anything yet, I might be wrong."

"I hope you are." Anna told me as I figured out what to do. "What are you doing now?" I wanted to tell her to stop talking, but this was her job, to keep her safe.