The Start of the Battle

(Next Day)

"You ready?" Arthur asked me, at the moment, there were four of us standing together. Arthur, Captain Glory, Captain Auddyr, and me. If you count Sylvie, then five, she was on Arthur's head.

"Yeah, I'm good to go." The six thousand troops were now hidden in the forest, it was early in the morning, but I could sense the Alacryans coming, maybe thirty minutes out.

"Okay, Sylvie and you should go now, and remember, when the battle begins, you need to find Captain Glory and stay with her." Arthur was trying to be a protective brother, but I had no intention of just fighting alongside her.

"Arthur, you think this plan is going to work?" Vanesy asked him as Sylvie jumped into my arms.

"Yes." He sounded pretty confident, he made a few minor adjustments to my plan, but it was pretty much the same. "Veer, be safe." He held out his hand for me to fist bump.

I fist bumped him and smiled. "You too." I looked down at Sylvie. "Let's go." She nodded her head, and I began to walk away from everyone. Sylvie needed to transform, but she couldn't do it there.

We walked through a couple soldiers; they eyed me with curiosity and excitement. It was nice to be well known around here, I found an opening for Sylvie to transform, and stood there. "Sylvie, this should be a good place."

"Kyu." She said, and I smiled as she jumped out of my arms.

"Just speak." I said with a smile.

"Fine." Sylvie said with a very girly kid voice. "I'll keep you safe."

"Haha." I laughed as the white fox transformed into her dragon form in front of me. She looked over her shoulder and motioned for me to get on. "I'm honored to hear your voice, Lady Sylvie." I said sarcastically as I hoped onto her back, and she began to flap her wings, lifting us up into the air.

"Hold on." She said as we flew into the air, and toward the cliff with no one on it. Our forces numbered in the six thousand, there were three thousand in each division, they were staying in their divisions, just fighting side no by side like one giant division. The Alacryans had five thousand, so we outnumbered them, the only thing was, they outnumbered us with mages by a lot, which was a serious issue.

I held onto Sylvie's back as we soared through the sky, and then stopped near the cliff, overlooking it from about fifty yards up. The cliff was about thirty yards up, so if you fell from it, the only people who would be able to survive the fall were stronger mages, and wind users.

I knew for a face that not all the Alacryans could survive the fall, but in case they sent people down the cliff to help soldiers who had to jump, Arthur suggested sending five hundred men to the bottom where they would fight a separate battle, against a smaller number of soldiers.

Also, since they would be running toward the cliff, their conjurers and archers wouldn't be in the front. They would be the first row of soldiers to fall against our real force, so they couldn't launch spells down on the ground at the soldiers below the cliff.

"Wow, it's nice to be up here not having to use mana to fly." I said aloud, I was now standing on Sylvie's back, taking in the view of everything, not just the cliff, but the ocean from up here was beautiful.

"Virion, you should focus."

"Ha, that's the first time I heard you say my name." I laughed a little, trying to think about something else. I was too worked up at the moment, I wanted to fight so badly, but I knew it was the Serpent's doing.

"Do you just hear words, and ignore them?" Sylvie asked me, and I shrugged spinning around looking at everything.

"Sometimes." I admitted. "I'm focused Sylvie, don't worry about me."