Aya vs Retainer Pt. I

Aya Grephin

I was flying through the trees of the forest, I just made it out of Ashber, I could feel Arthur, Veer, and the dragon still talking, which was fine. I'll deal with my Retainer, and then go help someone else if I can.

My heartbeat was quick, from nerves and fear, I've never seen a Vritra before, not even the one they have locked up in the dungeon.

I am curious to see what they are capable of, the one I am fighting has sound magic, which means she could be an issue for me, but I'll make it work.

I already had my ears reinforced with more than enough mana to block any attack she might throw at me that affects my hearing.

I dodged a tree, and appeared before a suffering presence, almost making me fall to my knees. "I was hoping to fight one of the two young Lances, but I guess killing a Lance is just as good." The Retainer spoke, she was thin, wearing black armor, the mask she had on covered her face, however, her red hair was flowing beautifully behind her like it had a life of its own. "It's Lance Aya, I believe, it's nice to meet you."

"I wish I could say the same thing, Retainer." I made my voice sound a little more threatening.

"Hahah, you Lances think you are strong." The Retainer took a step up and bowed. "Anyways, let me introduce myself, I am Retainer Lyra Dreide of Central Dominion, I'll be the one you are up against."

"Well, Retainer Lyra, may I ask, what you are doing here? Is it to just kill us?" I was curious, I also was preparing my illusion spell.

She shook her head and her red hair flung back and forth. "Of course not, you, yes, we don't need you alive, however, the others don't need to die, but may, well, except the devil, we have been given orders to capture him alive."

"Why? Is his blood magic truly going to help you in any way?" Veer told me they would do experiments on him, but that wouldn't result in someone learning blood magic, it would just hurt Veer.

"I know of several plans in place for when we capture him." Lyra spoke very calmly, but still though, I was shaking, the Retainer's pressure on me was tremendous, and it shows me just how much stronger Veer is compared to me. "But I can't share them, I still have secrets to keep Lance."

"I see." I said, shaking my head slowly, feeling my bones quiver. "Then there is nothing else to talk about." I shot at her, using wind mana to reinforce myself and my blade.

The Retainer raised her arm and shot something at me, something I couldn't see, but could sense, it was sound magic. I jumped to the side, dodged the spell, and she was on me already, shooting something towards my head.

I shot into the air, dodging the attack, then activated my illusion spell, mist formed everywhere around her, I used my presence concealment spell on her, and hid in the trees, preparing. my next attempt to strike her down.

"Illusion magic, yes, that is a pretty annoying spell, I can see why you might be considered strong on this continent." The Retainer was looking directly towards me, even with my concealment spell active. "However." I felt the ground shake, like a vibration of some sorts, and my illusion spell cut out. "It seems my sound magic is on a whole different level than yours."

She must be able to use some sort of vibration spell to cancel out my spells, how annoying that is. I felt another ring of sound heading toward me, I sent a blade of wind at it, and my spell faded away, but hers kept on coming, forcing me to jump out of the way once again.

"Lance of Dicathen, yet so weak." The Retainer was standing in a small opening, staring at me as I got back up to my feet. "You want to see what a real mage can do." She raised her arm, and I could feel the mana in the air start to shift towards her.