Attack on Xyrus Pt. III

As we approached the clock tower, there was a barrier around it, and I could see mages gathered inside of it. They were just staring at us, as they waited for all the students and faculty to arrive. I noticed the man in the middle wearing a mask, it was Draneeve, with a bag in his hand.

The first thing I did was sense for Draneeve's blood, he had a strong core than I did, which meant I couldn't just freely control him. His aura was frightening even in the state that I was in. The people I took down up until now were all weak level mages, maybe not even out of orange core. That's why it was so easy to control their blood, Draneeve had to of been a silver core.

"Kathyln!" Curtis shouted as he ran up to us. "You are all alri----, Veer are you hurt?"

"It's not my blood." I told him honestly as I continued to feel out Draneeve.

"We should get closer." Claire insisted and we all pushed through the crowd and made our way to the front of the barrier, so everything was easier to see. "What's in his bag?"

Spells collided with the barrier, as people tried to get in. "Hahaha." Draneeve stepped up and laughed. "Even after all that's happened, you Dicathians still think you have a chance." He paused and looked around. "I don't think you understand the gravity of your situation. Your own students and teacher joined our side." He opened the bag in his hands. "Maybe this will wake you all up, and you'll understand what's really happening." He tossed the head of Doradrea onto the ground.

"No!" Claire shouted, that's when I saw Elijah staring in horror at the head, my heart raced even faster. Was this a panic attack, or am I just getting tired? Come on, Veer, no time for this.

"Doradrea!" Theodore screamed as he started to pound on the barrier at the orange haired Draneeve. "Fight me you coward!" He roared!

"Me! A Coward!" Draneeve walked over to him. "Say it one more time."

"You coward!" Draneeve yanked Theodore through the barrier and through him.

"I am the mighty Draneeve! I am no coward!" Theodore used gravity magic to stay on his feet, then jumped into the air and through a punch at Draneeve with his gravity magic activated. As Theodore came on Draneeve the collision caused smoke to rise.

"Is he okay?" Curtis asked, as the smoke disappeared. Theodore was on the ground; his leg snapped the other way.

Draneeve kicked him in the gut. "Was that all you had? Really? And you called me a coward." He backed away. "Let me help with the blood on your stomach." Fire rose from the ground and burned Theodore; I haven't seen a fire spell that powerful before. "Don't you worry, he's still alive."

"Theo!" Claire banged on the barrier, but nothing happened.

I started to smile as I got closer to the barrier, I placed a hand on my heart, it was still beating incredibly fast. My vision was blurry, but it did not matter, it wasn't from any injury. I was on a high from killing multiple people, and for using a shit ton of mana for the first time ever. My body hasn't been through this type of training.

"Now." Draneeve started to speak but stopped.

I cut him off. "Lord Draneeve!" I shouted and everyone around me looked at me.

Draneeve tilted his head. "See that Dicatheons, that's how you address someone of power." He stood inside the barrier, ten yards from me. "What is it boy? You don't seem to be in the best state, unless that's not your blood."

"What are you doing?" Claire grabbed me, as I got closer.

"It's fine." I brushed her off. "Could I have a chance to fight you?"