Ashber Pt. VI

"There it is again, the confidence of a child, something that only disappears after failure." Lyra said with such a delinquent tone. "I will have to reintroduce you to what failure looks like, because any Lesser is a failure, even if you have blood magic, in the end, you will always be a useless fool."

"Wow, that hurt." I spoke sarcastically, and shot myself at the Retainer, holding two blood swords, one in each hand, ready to strike her down. I had no clue what their strategy was, but I was trying to figure it out.

Mana started to form all around her, like a shield of energy, or of sound, but it did not matter, her core was under my control, I decided what she could do, not her. I disrupted it and continued after her.

I swung at her head, she dodged back, I swung at her legs, she stepped back, I released the storm above me that was building up, it was filled with water, fire, and blood magic, and sent it after here.

I stood still, knowing if I got caught up in this spell, it would do damage to me as well, and as the spell was traveling, the Retainer's eyes widened. The spell began to hit the ground leading up to here, and it exploded, creating craters that burned and spit up water as well, something that didn't seem possible.

As it got closer to her, she darted off into the distance as the spell followed her, causing mass chaos as it did, breaking down everything it hit. I quickly followed behind it, dodging and weaving through the damage I caused.

My blade was now close to her throat as I swung at her, appearing next to her as my spell finished, the Retainer went to swat my blade away, so I liquefied it, and allowed it to pass through her arm, not needing to do damage there.

I reformed it in between her arm and neck, and swung with a tremendous force, but the Retainer just ducked just in time, and sent a kick towards my ribs as my momentum took me to the side. I didn't allow her to hit me though, I shot wind out of my feet, launching me up and over her, landed on the ground, and swung both blades at her.

As she went to shoot a spell at me, I disrupted her core, and that's when I felt another presence coming at me from the side. I ignored it, wanting to kill Lyra right her, but that is when I heard Aya's voice. "Veer! Watch out!"

I stopped my attack, listening to the pleading voice, and turned toward the attacked, it was a man, swinging two black misty swords at my chest. I looked at him, confused on this guy's powers, and disrupted his core, causing the two blades to vanish, then drove my one blood sword toward him.

Lyra sent a fist into my side, knocking me backwards, and away from the two of them. I turned towards the two Retainers standing beside one another as Aya launched over to me and stood by my side.

Sylvie flew above us, and the five of us stood still, examining one another. "Retainer Lyra." The man said to her, then turned to me. "So, this is the Lesser who was able to take down Uto."

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked, confused, Aya was seriously injured, and her mana was running low. I could tell she had a couple wounds on her that needed to be cleaned up and healed immediately, so I started to heal her using my blood magic, but it wouldn't help her with her mana.

"Ha, I am Retainer Erie, pleasure to meet you, Lesser." The Retainer's name is Erie, I don't remember anyone's name in the novel being Erie, let alone a Retainer. I guess this is what happens when you change too many things, even though I don't see how my actions could change a Retainer in Alacrya, unless Agrona felt the need to adopt another to take me down since I managed to take down Uto so fast and early.

"Retainer Erie you say." I shook my head. "It doesn't matter, you are going to die here today." I insisted, then turned to Aya. "I think you should leave, Aya, you'll only get in my way, you are injured and low on mana."