Beast Will

(One Week Later)

Virion Leywin

It has now been a week since I got my new sword, I used it while I was training, and it went pretty well. I was happy with my choice; the sword is able to withstand me infusing mana into it. That was my biggest worry.

I was currently in my room alone. I woke up maybe five minutes ago, surprised that Ellie wasn't here. She usually woke up after me every day, so it was unusual to see her not here. I got up off of my bed and made my way to the dining room. I assumed breakfast was ready, that must be where Ellie was.

"Veer." Someone said as I exited my room, I turned to see Lilia.

"Good morning, Lilia." I smiled at her.

"Good morning, I think Arthur is here."

"Wait, really! Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I got excited; my brother was back. I wanted to hear some of his stories about what he fought; they don't go over each dungeon run in the novel. I was curious to learn what each dungeon had to offer.

"Yeah, I think your mother tried, but you slept through it." Lilia giggled. "You were up late last night practicing in the back yard."

"I guess you're right." I laughed with her. "Where are they?"

"I saw him in the dining room last, they are probably still there." I quickly turned and ran toward the dining room.

"Thanks, Lilia." I shouted, I didn't hear a respond, in mere seconds I was in the dining room. "Arthur!" I said as I entered and saw Arthur, Ellie, my mother, and Aunty Tabitha. "You're back!"

"Hey Veer." He smiled as I ran up and hugged him. "Have you grown since the last time I saw you?"

"Maybe." I sat down at the table next to Arthur. Sylvie was sleeping on his lap.

"Good morning, Veer. I tried to wake you, but you would not budge." My mother laughed. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, I am." A servant brought out breakfast and I started to eat.

"Veer, we need to talk in the living room after breakfast." Arthur said seriously. Did I do something wrong? No, I definitely didn't.

"Alright, am I in trouble?"

"Did you do something? Is that why you're asking if you're in trouble?" My mother looked at me skeptically. Unless she found out about the shirt I burned with a flame, I should be fine.

"Of course not." I answered with a fake smile.

"You are not in trouble Veer, but mom you need to come too. I would like dad here as well, but I need to know as soon as possible." Arthur spoke up, I wonder what he wants to talk about. I'm a little relieved I wasn't in trouble.

"Alright, is there something wrong?" My mother asked, and I wanted to mock her by asking if she did something wrong, but I held strong.

"No, I just have a surprise for Veer, but I want to talk about it first with you guys." Arthur had a surprise for me! What was it?

After breakfast we all made our way to the living room except for Ellie and Aunty Tabitha. I didn't know where Lilia went after I talked to her. I was sitting on the couch next to my mother, while Arthur sat on the single chair with Sylvie on his lap. She was awake now, looking over at us.

"Veer, before I show you this, I want you to promise that if mom and dad don't approve you will not cry about it." Arthur was being very serious for some reason, but I nodded my head. Suddenly, a blue ball appeared in his hand, it had to be a Beast Core. Wait!