Warm Up

(Two Weeks Later)

I've only got about two more weeks with Wren, before Windsom comes back for him. He had to train Arthur, and he was more important than me for now. I needed to focus on the time I had left with him, I also was getting excited about going back into the dungeons and killing freely again.

When I wasn't trying out new spells, I was fighting hordes of golems, and Wren was correcting my techniques.  It was a nice way to relax and get stronger.

I was currently laying in a stone tent, Wren made for me since I didn't have earth magic, that was until Wren woke me up. "Get up you brat." He shouted at me, and I rolled over and got up. "We are going to try something new today."

"And what is that?" I asked as I walked up to him.

"This." He clapped his hands and a Vritra appeared before me; the same one I saw before. "Now, it doesn't have the abilities of the Vritra, but I made this thing stronger than any other golem you've fought."

"Nice." I approached the thing. "I'm assuming I'll be fighting this today."

"Oh, you're assuming that, I didn't know it was that obvious." Wren turned his back on me. "Good luck, it won't stop unless you are unconscious, or you defeat it." He laughed and vanished.

I activated "Blood Oath" and "Blood Acceleration" and quickly got ready to fight, bringing out my tube of blood and creating a sword. The Basilisk beast smiled down at me, being taller than me, and a black sword appeared in its hand and the speed it swung its sword down at me surprised me.

I had to quickly roll out of the way and used wind to get back to my feet. I didn't have blood in here to control freely, except for the blood in my sword, so this was going to be fun. The Basilisk swung its sword again, and I rose a blade made out of ice to deflect its attack, but the Basilisk shattered it to pieces and kept his sword on course for my stomach.

I brought my blood sword up, and our two blades collided. We held our blades together, and I looked up at the monster, it was smiling down on me, and I was smiling up at it. I grew ice under my feet and shot myself over the beast and sliced its shoulder.

I landed and the Basilisk just turned to me as the wound I inflicted had already healed. I pointed my sword at the beast and shot bullets of blood out of the end of it. The Basilisk used its sword to protect its face but was unable to protect its surrounding body.

My bullets of blood ripped through it, leaving little holes in the Basilisk. The blood came rushing back to my sword and as it did, the Basilisk was on me, swinging its sword down on me. I ducked under the blade, and went to sweep its legs, but the golem simply jumped over it at an insane speed.

I shot myself at it, using wind magic to do so. I swung my sword at the golem, and as it went to block me, my sword became a liquid and passed right through his, then I hardened it again. I managed to cut through its thick arm around its shoulder, and its arm fell to the ground. There was no blood, just the sound of stone hitting stone.

Making sure to stay on the attack, I swung my sword again, right at its ribcage. The Basilisk's arm regrew, and its sword in its other arm was aimed at my head. Deciding that I didn't want to die, I used wind magic to get myself out of the situation and with my enhanced speed, I was able to dodge the attack.

"Wren, how is this fair?" I shouted out. "If I cut the arm off of someone in battle, it isn't going to grow back magically." I knew Arthur could do that, but he doesn't have aether.

I didn't get a respond in words, but a swinging sword at my head. I ducked, then dodged another attack to the neck. I swung my blood sword and had it extend to the Basilisk, and as it reached it, the blood wrapped itself around its throat.