Joining the War

"We will leave it there then." Elder Virion turned around. "We can show ourselves out." He shot Aldir a look, and they turned away from the Retainers.

Arthur and I took one last glance at the two, and spun around, following Aldir and Elder Virion.

I whispered to Arthur. "Sorry, I had to ask about the mask, it just weirded me out. I'm still curious about it."

Arthur shot me a smile. "Me too, next time though, keep it to yourself."

"Virion, he's right, we were all weirded out by it, just don't bring it up in front of them." Elder Virion turned back and said, he must have overheard me.

"You aren't considering there offer, right?" Arthur asked him.

"Not really, but if they were to keep their word, we would be saving a lot of lives." Elder Virion was right, but the only reason Agrona would do that deal, was to get to Tessia.

"Are you willing to bet they do?" I asked as Aldir lifted them up off the platform, and into the sky. I looked at Cylrit and Jagrette, gave them a wave goodbye, and launched myself in the air after them.

"Agrona won't, it is just a ploy to get Dicathen under Vritra rule." Aldir spoke loudly enough for all of us to hear. "With two continents, Agrona could rival Epheotus after creating more half breeds."

"I know, it's still something to think about." Elder Virion shrugged in the air. "I'll be making the announcement tomorrow; I'll have my men start to arrange it." He used some mental transmission device to speak with people at the castle.

So, Arthur's speech is tomorrow, and I guess we both will be made Lances in front of the public.

Oh shit, I'm going to have to stand before millions of people, I hate crowds, I always say the wrong thing.

"When we get back, you two should spend some time with your family, because when the real war starts, there won't be as much time to spend with them." Elder Virion told the two of us.

"I can help with the set up for the announcement tomorrow." Arthur suggested, I had no intention of helping with that.

"No need, listen to Elder Virion, be with your family tonight." Aldir's third eye took a peek at both of us, and Arthur stayed silent.

It didn't take us that long to return, we all stood inside the portal room, with no one else inside of it. However, before we parted ways, Elder Virion told Arthur and I something. "You two did well out there, Virion, next time try to stay on track with the conversation, but other than that, I'm proud of both of you."

"Thanks, gramps." Arthur nodded toward him, and I did as well.

"Now go be with your family."

Arthur and I made our way out into the hall and walked alongside each other. Sylvie jumped from my brother's head to mine, and I started to speak. "That Jagrette girl has some sort of Acid magic, so I was thinking, it's probably a form of water or plant magic, but in their decay type mana arts."

"You might be right." Arthur answered. "Let's not think about it right now, where's mom and dad?"

"In their room, but I sense Ellie on the balcony with other kids, which is weird, because she didn't usually hang out with them." The kids here kept their distance from us, well, me, because of my magic. I was okay with it, they were kids, they don't know better.

"Let's go see what Ellie is up to." Arthur and I turned down a hall, and then turned down another one. The balcony came into sight, and as it did, Ellie did as well. "Is that Ellie talking to a boy next to Boo?"