Lance vs Lance

I didn't feel any mana coming off of the soldier, he must be stronger than me. "Remember the dick, that thought his plan was perfect, and then suddenly found out, it wasn't?" The soldier pointed at Lance Olfred. "That's you."

"What?" The Lance asked.

Lance Bairon answered for the soldier, and it left me speechless. "That right there, is Virion Leywin." The soldier bowed to the Lance sarcastically, with a huge smile on his face.

"I told you what would happen, didn't I." The soldier swung out his arms. "Hahaa."

That's Virion? It didn't look anything like him though.

"What are you talking about?" Lance Olfred snarled at him. "Lance Bairon, have you lost your mind, Virion is a boy, that's a man, and why trust him."

"Because I am a clone, not the real thing, Lance." This was a clone Virion made? My head is spinning, this is too hard to comprehend. "The real me is currently fighting Retainer Uto."

I could see Lance Bairon look up in surprise. "What? You said you were fighting soldiers, not a Retainer."

"Well, Bairon, I knew if I did, you would come and help me, instead of dealing with Olfred here." The clone squatted down. "I'll admit, the real me is struggling, but he'll pull through." He shrugged toward Lance Olfred. "So, it's time to dispose of waste."

"Damn you, Virion." Lance Bairon spoke harshly. "You better be okay, or I'll be in a shit ton of trouble."

I watched as a rod of lava shot itself at Lance Bairon, and an armor forged from magma formed around Olfred. This was the power of a Lance, I guess. The rod was dodged as I was pushed out of the way by Lance Bairon.

I quickly turned toward Lance Olfred, staring at his fellow Lance. "It's a shame, my only real option now is to kill you all, because you haven't told anyone else, isn't that, right?"

I pulled my sword out, knowing it was pointless, I was not even close to his strength. "This is my fight." Lance Bairon drew a spear, and it buzzed with electricity. "Stay out of this, Virion, make sure the real you gets back alive as well." He shook his head. "Fighting a Retainer by himself, what was he thinking, and how could you just hand him over."

"Bairon, my loyalty is to my people, no hard feelings." The tunnels floor started quake, he was an earth mage, this could be a good fight.

"Letting a kid get taken prisoner, I would revise where you place your loyalty at." The Lance shot himself at Lance Olfred, a traitor. I knew where Virion and Samantha were heading, but I couldn't leave Tessia.

The two's weapons collided, and it shook the tunnel. "Callias, go." The clone of Virion shouted. "Everything will be fine."

As I went to respond, an earthen spear shot out of the ground at my chest too fast for me to dodge, but before it hit me, I was hit with a gust of wind, pushing me toward the teleportation gate. It was the clone; could he use magic?

I stepped into the portal and watched as the clone vanished, and blood fell to the floor.

Lance Bairon

I brought my spear down on Olfred, a golem of lava grabbed it, and I sent electricity out of my spear. The golem shattered, I spun my spear to meet Olfred's magma sword, and the electricity and magma clashed with each other.

"You traitor!" I spit in his face, sending electric into his armor, destroying it. "You'll pay for this!"

His armor built back up, and he glared at me. "I never liked you." The floor beneath me started to crack, and chasms started to form all around us. "At least I'll be able to take a Lance down with me, to make up for everything."