The Heat of Battle

Virion Leywin

I watched as their men in the front, swung their blades and launched their spells in confusion. They had no clue what was happening, our forces were now slaughtering their conjurers and archers with ease, some of them noticed the divisions coming from the forest and turned to fight them, but with my illusion of a fake division still up, they didn't know where to go.

However, my job here was done, and it was time to join the battle.

"Sylvie." She turned her head to me. "I'm going to go join the battle now, I'm assuming you are staying out of this one."

"I am." She answered me, if I am right, she is still in the awakening process that Kezess made her go through. "Be safe out there."

"I will."

I canceled out the illusion spell I was casting, keeping the one hiding us still active. The Alacryans looked around in confusion as the people they were chasing disappeared, then turned to the forest where our real force was coming from.

I could feel the five hundred men now on the coast, under the cliff, if anyone survives the fall, they will be met with more weapons. The two divisions formed a barricade, a wall of people, and fought the Alacryans one by one, pushing them back if they could, the five thousand troops were now trapped in between the cliff and our force.

Everything was going according to plan now. "See ya." I took a step off of Sylvie, conjured mana around me, and flew to where I sensed Vanesy. I could see here pretty clearly even within the mass number of people; she was wielding two swords with dirty brunette hair.

I landed behind our force, near Vanesy, and stopped the illusion spell that kept me invisible. "Captain Glory." I said calmly, as I watched her plunge her sword into an Alacryan Striker who had fire coursing through his body.

"Virion, nice work." She said, backing up, letting someone else take her place to drive the force back. The sound of battle made me twitch in excitement, the adrenaline had my heart racing, this was it. "Now, we just need to finish the job."

"Yeah." I said and my body erupted with blue flames, I could sense Arthur taking enemies down, it was my turn to get involved. The flames danced all around my body as I got ready to strike, Vanesy was looking at me impressed. "We got this."

I slowly made my approach to the front lines, I watched as metal cut into flesh, swords crashed, it was a lovely sight. I placed a hand on one of our soldiers, moving him out of my way nicely, then released my aura, pushing my bloodlust out onto my enemies before me. It was like the battle around me stopped as everyone turned to me in fear.

I could see the looks on their faces change immediately as I came into view, I stepped over a corpse and had the blood spilling out of it come to my hand and form a sword. Wind started to build up around me, and I launched myself at a soldier, he couldn't react to me, my sword entered his throat, killing him instantly.

I ripped it out, and the battle resumed, an ax came for my head, but the person wielding it blew up, the blood inside of him covering everyone around him. I caught the ax with my open hand, spun and threw it at an Alacryan who wasn't looking at me, it hit him in the skull, sending him to the ground.

A spear made from water was launched at my head, I swung my blade knocking it to the ground, then sent the flames around me out toward the man, setting him on fire, then dodged a purple claw, and brought my sword into his jaw.

Blood covered me, and the battle had just begun. I felt for the blood inside of the enemies around me, and pulled it all toward me, causing fifteen bodies to explode. I pulled the blood to me, and had it float in the air, then activated "Blood Rain" and set the blood needles into the crowd of soldiers, shields were up, but not everywhere.