No Poem, just a Warning

Arthur Leywin

"Ellie, nice shot." I told my sister as I watched an arrow fly into the target behind the tree as she manipulated pure mana.

"Thanks!" She exclaimed. "Do you think I am ready to join the war?" I shook my head, seeing her smile disappear. "Come on!" She rolled on Boo's back, and then fell off, walking over to me. "How has Veer been? You spoke to Elder Virion this morning about it, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did." I told her honestly, not needing to keep it a secret. "He is alive, I wouldn't say he is fine though." I didn't want to worry here at all, but Ellie knew of his Beast Will. "He's having some mental problems, but Sylvie is watching him."

"That's good to hear, and it seems like the two of them have gotten very close." Ellie said, and I nodded, knowing that Sylvie had romantic feelings for Veer. "Anyways, when will I be able to participate in the war, you see that I can handle myself."

"That isn't my decision, but you know mom and dad won't approve, El." She took a seat next to me at a table on the balcony, we were the only two out here at the moment, usually there are young noble children playing out here. "However, I'll talk to them for you, see if you can come with me on my next mission, but only to watch and stay out of harm's way." Veer told me that Ellie was at the wall with me, and nothing happened, so I am not against bringing her again.

"Really?!" Ellie was looking at me with her eyes widened in excitement.

"Yes, I'll talk to them." I said, and then sent a mental message to Sylvie. 'What are you up to? Veer doing okay?'

'We are currently leading the way towards another camp Veer found, so nothing is happening, Veer is still a little different, quiet, but he seems okay.' My bond replied. 'How about you? How's your training going?'

'Training has been good, I'm still a little on edge all the time with Veer and you out there without me, but other than that, everything is going fine.' I knew I needed to do all of this, but I still felt, I wouldn't say left out, more like left behind. I still needed to train, were as Sylvie and Veer were strong enough to fight on, I might be too, but I know I can get a lot stronger.

"Arthur?" Ellie said, interrupting my conversation with Sylvie.

"Sorry, I was speaking with Sylvie." I rubbed my head. "You know who I saw this morning, the Director, the person Veer and I saved."

"Oh, the one who was cursed?"

"Yeah." I said. "She wasn't looking to good, but I think she'll make a complete recovery."

"That's good to hear." Ellie sent me a smile. "What is Veer up too anyways? All you tell me is that he is fine, alive, and slightly losing his mind, but you never tell me what he's doing."

I tried to keep the fact that Veer is killing people on a mass scale out of my mouth, I didn't like saying it. "He is helping a division out, making sure they survive, and win battles when they have them."

"He's been in battles?" Ellie asked, not knowing what he'd been up to. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"First, I didn't want to worry you, I knew it would, and second, I didn't want you thinking that it was time for you to join him." I thought I had a reasonable excuse; she was already asking me to join the war. "And to be honest, I wouldn't say Veer was in battles, it's been more like massacres."

"Massacres?"

"General!" A young elven soldier said as he walked out onto the balcony, looking at me. "Elder Virion has sent me, he told me to let you know that you should head to the dungeon, Lance Varay is there waiting for you."