The Walk

At this very moment, we were currently walking down a road, only several miles out from Ashber, Aya and I were in these shitty, dirty clothes. Arthur was in a much more fancier outfit now, one with animal fur.

Sylvie was hiding in his jacket, and we were not using any mana, trying not to alert anyone that we were coming. I was side by side with Aya, no one was around so we were all just talking quietly.

"Arthur, you're telling me that I shouldn't have blood oath activated, right?" Because if I did, I might be able to track the Retainer or Scythe, well, actually I would be able to. "I could just find whoever is there, and we could head in that direction."

"Don't, they may be able to sense you using it, we want the element of surprise." Arthur told me, and I shook my head.

"Does surprising them even matter? They know we are coming, maybe not when we are, but they know at some point we will be there."

"But we are also tasked with shutting down the slave trade that is being run in the town." Aya said, but we could do that with ease.

"Just follow along, Veer." I kicked a rock on the ground. "We'll be there in a couple of hours, beforehand, if we see anyone, we want them to think we are part of the slave trade that is going on in town."

"I know." I said, facing forward with a bored look on my face, for some reason I thought we were going to drop out of the sky, land in front of the enemy, and kill them.

I might as well go through everything I know, Jagrette, the Retainer of, actually I don't know which Retainer she is, I know she has acid powers. She also has plant magic, some sort of corrosive touch, the ability to travel through trees, and absorb life out of them, which to me, makes no sense, how can someone travel through a tree?

Who else, well I guess, Cylrit, he may show up and fight, but I doubt he fulfills his duty, maybe he will, I don't know. He has some sort of ability that allows him to absorb attacks with his sword and has this black fog sort of magic. Honestly, it seems pretty weak to me. I think Arthur and Aya could handle him, but Arthur knows he's an ally in a way.

I know there was one other one, she really didn't fight in the war, but Agrona may need to send more of his elite forces to beat us with me here. Oh, it was Lyra, she had that voice amplification ability, which means she had sound magic. I don't know what she looks like though, I don't remember reading it.

I forgot the Retainer Tessia fought, I think his name was Bilal, I forget his powers, but if Tessia was able to defeat him, then I think I could with ease, so he is not even worth thinking about.

Now, what if Nico shows up, he'll most likely be throwing some sort of tantrum towards Arthur, but he is still a Scythe, maybe one of the weakest, but he is one. I think I'll be able to take him, he has earth magic, and I know he uses some sort of spike spell, it may be the same one Cadell and Uto used.

We know Cadell's powers, and I don't think any of the other Scythe's will show up, unless it is Seris, which then I have no idea what would happen, would she attack, would she not, I don't know. It would be interesting to see her, I'm pretty sure she looks like a normal person, not like some of these Retainers and Scythe's who wear masks. I don't even know what she is capable of, she is strong, maybe as strong as Cadell, so I don't think we can take her on if she does fight us.

"What are you thinking about?" Aya was looking at me, dirt all over her face. Arthur wanted us to look dirty, so I also had dirt on mine.

"Nothing, just prepping myself." I was going to activate blood oath when we got closer, because the fact is, we still don't want to walk into a trap, even if this is a trap for them. "Arthur, how much further?"