Aya vs Retainer Pt. II

Lyra back stepped, I swung again, she back stepped again, shot a sound wave at me, I jumped to the side, launched myself up at her, pointing my sword at her core, and as I got closer, the Retainer spoke. "Fall!" Her voice so demanding, causing me to go numb once again, and as my momentum took me towards her, Lyra grabbed my wrist, and threw me into a nearby tree with a great force, sending me through three trees, maybe more, I couldn't tell, because of the pain I was in.

As the debris settled after the attack, I got up, very, very slowly from the tree I was in, bent over, and spit a mouthful of blood out. "Dammit." I said out loud, knowing I couldn't do anything, she was just too strong. I formed a blade of wind in both of my hands, I lost my regular sword in the process of getting tossed like a rag doll and had no clue where it was.

"Seems like you still have some fight in you." Lyra, who was standing in the opening she threw me from said with a grin. "Let's continue then, Lance." I just now realized the noises in the distance of the other battles going on, I hope they are winning, cause at the moment, I am not.

A sound wave came at me, I quickly rolled to the side, slower than usual, got to my feet, and readied myself for combat. My two wind blades at my side, ready to strike her down if I get the chance to.

I built up the energy to attack, and launched myself at her through the trees, swinging my swords at her. The Retainer met me halfway, dodged my first sword, shot a sound wave, I side stepped that, swung my other blade at her head.

The Retainer ducked, sent a mana reinforced kick towards my ribs, I back stepped her foot, swung my blade at her chest, and she stopped me by sending a sound wave, forcing me, once again, to divert my path away from her.

I conjured wind behind her, and instead of forming a spell that does damage, all I did was have the wind current push her towards me, and as she did, I swung my blade at her head. The Retainer, using the wind I pushed her with as momentum, fell to her knees, and slid under my blade as she got close to me.

She shot to her feet, spun around, shot a sound wave, I met it with a current of wind, that disappeared as it hit her spell, but gave me enough time to get out of the way. I pushed myself at her, swinging my blade at her head, she ducked, swung her fist into my gut, causing me to spit up more blood, but I pushed passed it, bringing my left elbow to her face as I spun in the air using wind magic to increase my movements, hitting the scythe direction in the cheek where I hit her before.

The Retainer moved to the side slightly, I fell to my knees once again, breathing heavily as I tried to catch my breath. "That was a nice move, I'll admit that." Lyra said, and that is when she removed the helmet she was wearing, it had cracks on it, but wasn't close to being broken.

For some reason I was expecting some ugly bitch, but I'm sure she was popular with the guys, her red hair danced around without the helmet on, it was interesting. "I appreciate it." I got back up to my feet, facing her again, standing ten yards apart. "You aren't bad yourself."

"I wasn't saying you were good." Lyra tilted her head. "I knew the Lances of Dicathen were weak, but I didn't know it was this bad." She paused, bit her lip, thinking about something. "Honestly, if you didn't have the little devil who defeated Uto, and his brother, Arthur, the boy wonder, I don't see how you guys even compete with us in a war." I didn't respond, somewhat agreeing with her now that I know how strong a Retainer is. "You must agree with me, hearing nothing coming from you."

"Two people can't win a war." I told her, releasing the wind blade in my left hand. She shook her head at me, and I shrugged. "You think so?"

"No, I do, you are right, two people can't win a war, but they can sway it, control where it is heading." Lyra's red hair danced in the air as she spoke very seriously to me, her enemy. "The young Lance has already defeated one of us, survived a battle with my mentor, I'll say it, he's impressive."