Sylvie vs Retainer Pt. II

"I can't lose!" Erie shouted out as a dark mist started to cloud around his whole entire body. "I didn't think I needed to use my full strength, but I guess I was wrong." The mist was now everywhere on him, does that mean everything increases? His strength? Speed?

I didn't respond, I just flew at him as the mist swayed in the air around him, I swung my claws, and he vanished before me at a speed faster than before.

I turned to my side, and watched as his fist collided with my ribs, sending me twenty yards into the trees. That one hurt, unlike before, I laid there in my dragon form as I watched him start to walk over to me.

I slowly got up, feeling the backlash of that last attack, shooting my aether technique all throughout my body, trying to regain my strength that one punch took from me.

Erie vanished once again, appearing before me, without hesitation, I swung my claw at him, forcing him to dodge the attack. He jumped into the air, and I flapped my wings toward him, sending him backwards, landing on his feet.

I don't know what to do, it's like every time I hurt him, I end up healing him as well.

The Retainer was on me once again, swinging, and swinging, and swinging, I was forced into dodged attacks with my large dragon body, over, and over again. Eventually, I was forced into attacking myself.

I drove my one claw towards his core, forcing him to retreat his attack, and then continued after I missed. A fist came for my chin, but I turned my head, so he missed, and then caught him midair with my claw.

I had a nice grip on his arm, so in one quick motion, I threw the Retainer into the distance, over the trees, and deeper into the forest around Ashber. I couldn't tell from here if I did any serious damage or not, so I started to flap my wings, and flew up into the sky to where the Retainer landed.

He was staring up at me, but his armor was definitely damaged, and the mist was a lot smaller around his body. I wonder if more mist formed, or if he just spread it out all over his body.

I flew in front of him, still in the air, looking down at him. "Ha." He laughed, wiping away blood on his mask. "I know I'm not allowed to kill you, but I really want to."

"You are acting like you can!" I said angrily, wanting this man to die.

"Do you know why we are here?" Erie asked me curiously, but I didn't answer because I didn't care, however, he kept on talking anyways. "All we want is the devil, that is it. The Lance, the boy wonder, and you can all leave alive, if all you do is hand over the brat."

"You won't touch him!" I snarled, not wanting them to take him.

"Ohhh, do I detect feelings?" I didn't respond. "Haha, a dragon having feelings for a Lesser, honestly, hilarious." He was my bonds brother, of course I had feelings for Veer. "No response, okay, well, the Lesser you have feelings for will become our property soon enough, it's only a matter of time."

"Shut your mouth!" I shouted, forming a huge amount of mana in my mouth, need to just overpower him.

"The dragon is in love, adorable!" The Retainer launched himself up at me in the air, before I could send the attack at him, so I held it back, flying away from him, back to where we were fighting before.

I felt him grab my tail, and I put on the brakes, letting him go past me. I pulled my tail back and released the beam of energy at his back. The pure mana danced between us at such a high speed, but as it hit him, the mist devoured it.

I knew that would happen, I slashed at him again, and again, the Retainer was faster now that he absorbed my mana, but in the air, he wasn't, he actually seemed a little slower. I managed to cut his flesh where the armor was broken, blood rushed down him, and then the wound closed.