Avier

Virion Leywin

Then out of nowhere, the ceiling above us collapsed, and shook the entire cavern. Uto and I backed away from each other as the dust from the crash reached us. I could still sense his mana, but my attack did some damage to him, then again, so did his. The spike in my shoulder was pretty far in there, I couldn't tell if it broke through to the other side or not.

As the dust settled, the sight before us was something unexpected, but welcoming, at least I thought it was.

"So, you came." I smiled as I was barely able to hold myself up, what an exciting day.

Standing next to me, was what I suspected to be Avier in his wyvern form. His back and wings spread out were all green, there was a long red part on his head, and his chest was a pale brown color. Spikes aligned on his forehead, and the pressure he emitted was chilling, but nothing close to Uto's. He stood slightly taller than Uto and seemed calm to be in this situation.

The only thing is, stated by him in the novel, I remember him saying that Sylvie was way stronger than him, and Sylvie got tossed around by Uto. However, at this current moment, I've managed to damage Uto to a point where he was hunching over more than normal.

"A wyvern?" Uto said questioningly.

The ground shook slightly as Avier moved over to be standing next to me, he bent his head down, and stared into my eyes. Doing the only thing I thought was appropriate, I touched his head, and felt something enter my mind.

"Virion Leywin, can you hear me?" Avier backed away and turned toward Uto.

"Yes." I answered with a thought.

"This is a temporary bond, Cynthia has told me a lot about you, and I've been watching you." Avier spoke in my mind with a strict but kind tone. "I've never met a Blood Deviant before in all my time alive, and I find you to be interesting. You are an anomaly just like your brother, and I..." He stopped talking and went silent for some reason.

Uto was standing there silently, observing the scene now before him. I was slowly healing my wounds as I removed the spike that was in my shoulder. I noticed the hole Avier left in the ceiling casted shadows down on the battlefield.

"Avier? Is something wrong?" I was assuming since this was a temporary bond, I couldn't feel what he was feeling, but I did feel his thoughts at a time. I didn't anymore, it was like he was blocking me.

"Y-you are a---." His voice sounded shocked about something. "I see."

"What's wrong?" I asked him. "Can we take him?"

"Nothing child." Avier spoke calmly. "I'll get us out of here, and you can call this a draw."

"No, if I get a little more mana inside of him, it's over." I told the wyvern, as I pushed myself up, so I was standing up tall. "He needs to die."

"You have lost a lot of blood; I can sense it." The wyvern told me. "I can't bring you to the Floating Castle where Cynthia is, but I can get you to where Lance Bairon is."

"Are you two communicating?" Uto spoke up, and we turned to him. "It's not nice to ignore your opponent." Spikes shot up at us, and Avier flew in the sky as I dodged them on the ground, just barely able to keep up.

I felt the water mana I infused into his blood, actually, I had enough in there. I don't have to make him explode, I could just cause damage to his heart, just like in my last life, if your heart isn't functioning, you can't.

"Hahaha." I laughed as I dodged each spike, and Avier flew around them.

"I'm going to go on the attack, stay back." Avier told me, and I watched as a pure energy ball made from wind mana formed inside of his mouth. Avier aimed it at Uto who was standing still, and shot it at him, then followed behind the beam, heading directly toward the Retainer.