The Sand Grotto Pt. V

"Veer, let's go." Callias called out, and my eyes snapped opened. Everyone was starting to walk to the giant door against the wall.

I felt the adrenaline in me grow, as we got closer, this was going to be fun. This beast could actually be a threat to me, which made this even better. I could feel movement below us, but I dismissed the feeling, as I focused on the mutant before us.

What was this thing going to be like?

"Brane, Joro, gather your teams and open the door together, everyone else get into fighting positions." Commander Jagger ordered, the smile on my face brightened even more. "We don't know what to expect in there, so be on guard for the worse, we'll judge it when we see it." Everyone except me nodded, I was too focused.

Brane and Joro's teams made it to the door, and I stood, ready to attack next to Callias and Adam. "I wonder what this beast is." Callias turned to me and said. "I bet it's some weird looking Esene."

"I doubt it." Adam responded to him; I just held my gaze on the door as it slowly drifted open. The sight before me was amazing, because I knew what was going on.

"It's empty?" Callias said questioningly, inside the door was another cavern, but there was nothing but sand inside, no beast, nothing at all. "I thought you said there was a beast in there?" He asked me.

"Aim your spells at the sand, and you'll see." I told them, it made sense now, the S Class mutant was some sort of sand monster, with little to no blood in it. It can probably flatten itself to look like sand or even travel through it, it could also just be all the sand in this room. It was amazing! This beast is literally my weakness!

"W-what?" Commander Jagger said, and everyone got a little closer. "Aim it at the sand? You think the mutant is in the sand?" I nodded my head when he gave me a confused look. "That would mean the mutant is a Sand Demon?" A Sand Demon? What a fitting name for a beast like this. "Conjurers, prepare to fire." Commander Jagger ordered, and they all lifted their wands or casting staffs, pointing them inside the cavern. "Fire!"

Spells were launched over my head, and landed right in the middle of the cavern, hitting the sand. I had all my spells still activated, but now with the flames around me, I conjured "Water Helix" as an extra layer of defense.

"Araaaa." A weird noise was made from inside of the cavern, and then suddenly the sand started to shake. "Araaa."

"A Sand Demon?!" Adam said from my side, then the sand on the ground started to gather together, and form into a creature, almost a humanoid creature, but purely made out of sand. It only stood around ten feet, however, the power exerting from it was tremendous.

"Be careful, they can manipulate the sand on the ground, if you step in the wrong place, it will grab you and pull you under." Commander Jagger mentioned. Pull me under?

"Hehe." I laughed a little louder this time, drawing attention to myself, Adam and Callias stared at me.

"Attack!" Commander Jagger shouted, and everyone started to run at it. I stood there and watched. What were they thinking? The beast can control sand, let me freeze it first. Adam and Callias knew better, but a little more than half the squad ran in.

"Ahh." As a soldier got close, sand wrapped around his entire leg, then twisted, shattering his leg, and causing blood to pour out. "Ahhh!" He fell over, and the sand then swallowed him. This was happening all over the battlefield.

"Help!" Someone shouted, as I surrounded my feet with ice mage, so that every time I stepped the sand under me froze. I ran into the cavern, toward the plead for help. It was a woman, both of her legs were inside the sand, and she was being dragged down into it. "Help please, it hurts!" She looked at me with a frightened pale face.