Lance Varay, Rematch

(Three Week Later)

It's been a nice three weeks, everyone was surprised that I managed to get into white core so soon, and at the age I was out. I have been getting used to the change of power going on inside of me.

Speaking of age, Ellie and I turn eleven in two months, and in two months, Arthur should return. Hopefully, I get to go into the dungeons again, before he gets back. I would love to see the scene of him sitting atop the corpses of mana beast. Of course, you know, when I slaughter mana beast, I don't sit on them, so who's really crazy, I do laugh though.

I was walking towards the training hall, today was the day I got to fight Lance Varay. Even walking felt different, I was used to it, but I felt lighter. I knew that my mana control has gotten a lot better, I've been practicing, doing light spells, and some intense ones.

I didn't know who was going to be there, but if I had to guess, the council was going to want to see how strong I was now. Honestly, I may be able to just end the fight using blood magic, I won't, I don't want to hurt Lance Varay permanently.

When I arrived, Elder Virion was standing in the doorway, waiting for me I suppose. "Gramps, how are you?" I asked as I walked up to him.

"I'm good, Virion, are you ready?" I nodded my head at him as we walked into the training hall, inside was Varay, in her white armor. "I still can't believe you got to white core all by yourself."

"I've been hearing that a lot." I smiled at him, I noticed that behind a mana barrier against the wall, was King Glayder, King Eralith, Queen Eralith, Lance Bairon and Lance Mica. That was a Lance I haven't seen in a while, she was interrogated, but like I told them, she is with us.

"Virion." Lance Varay said as I stood in front of her.

"Lance Varay, it's good to see you again." I smiled at her as I activated "Blood Oath."

"Don't kill each other." Elder Virion shot over his shoulder as he made his way to the mana barrier protecting everyone.

"Don't worry." Lance Varay told him as she backed away from me. "Are you all good with core?"

"Yep, everything is fine, I've gotten used to it over the last three weeks." I backed up as well. "Lance Varay, don't make this too easy on me, I want a real challenge."

She didn't say anything, just stared as I stood still, standing twenty yards apart now. I took a giant breath, pulled out three tubes of blood, and then had it start to float around me, like a stream of water, but red.

A sword appeared in her right hand, made of ice, and her body encased itself in ice. I knew that spell enhanced her speed and power, it's a spell that I can do, but don't usually because I don't have to.

To match this, I activated "Blood Acceleration" and I felt the increase in my speed. I formed a blood sword in my hand, and then spun it around. I finally get to see what I could do with my white core; how much easier it was to perform spells.

"You ready?" Lance Varay asked me, and I nodded my head, ice swords grew from the ground in an instance, and I maneuvered through them toward the Lance. I dodged a sword, broke another, and appeared before her.

I swung my blood sword, she brought up her own sword, my sword liquified instantly as it hit hers, then reformed as it got past it. Lance Varay quickly dodged it, I reached into her core, and disrupted it, causing all her spells to disappear, even her ice armor melted away.

I could see it in her eyes, she was confused, I didn't have this access to her core the last time we fought. I continued my approach, swinging my sword at her, and all she could do was dodge as best she could.