Preparing One Self

(One Month Later)

The start of the war is progressing, I heard Elder Virion talking about attacks on raiding parties inside dungeons by Alacryans and Mana Beast working together. I should perfect illusion magic in two months, maybe even sooner, once I do, I'm leaving the Floating Castle.

I walked into the training, standing with Aldir, there were five guards with spears in their hands, no Tess. Hmm, I wonder what this is about. "Virion." Aldir said as I approached, and the five guards just stared at me, most knew what I was capable of now.

"What's going on?" I asked him, confused by the situation.

"Today, I'm changing things up, you are going to be fighting these five soldiers in a one on five fight, without knowing their abilities at the start. The only blood magic permitted is Blood Acceleration, no controlling their bodies, because I know you could win with ease if you did that." That was true, I nodded my head. "Surround him." Aldir ordered, and the five guards surrounded me and pointed their spears at me. "And fight bare handed." I looked at him with a, are you kidding face, and he just ignored me. "Begin."

The one in front of me poked his spear at my chest and I quickly brought up a wind wall to block it, and then activated "Blood Oath." I coalesced wind under my feet and launched myself out of the circle, fire erupted onto one of the guy's spears. I landed outside of the circle, and an elven guard pointed his spear at me and shot wind blades.

I pointed my hand at him and shot wind blades of my own, as they collided another guard appeared by my side and I activated "Blood Acceleration" and appeared behind, as he tried to spin around, I brought my fist to his back, and hit him with a little tiny amount of mana on my fist, knocking him to the ground.

The four guards left stood in front of me, I covered my hands in flames, and my feet in ice. I launched myself at the guard on the far right, whose abilities were unknown at the moment, with every step ice formed under me. I swung my flaming fist at the guy, and he tried to block my attack, but was too slow, I knocked him to the ground farther than the last guy, he was okay though.

Wind blades came at me, and I brought up an ice wall from the ice I already I had on the floor. The wind connected and the ice broke, I shot myself through the debris, and a spear was heading straight for my leg. I quickly increased the amount of mana in my hand and brought my fist down on the spear before it could get closer to me. I snapped it in half then spun and hit the guard in the face with my elbow.

There were now only two guards left, the one with the spear on fire, and another who hasn't used any magic yet. The fire spear guard came flying at me, and as I dodged his attacks with ease, the other guard joined in from behind me.

With ease, I sidestepped, ducked, and spun out of all their attacks, then when the floor was covered with ice, I had the ice rise and cover their feet so they couldn't move. "Hey!" The fire mage shouted as he tried to free himself. He shoved his spear into the ice, but the fire wasn't hot enough.

I walked up to the last two guards and raised my fist. "I think it's over." I spoke up, and released all of my spells I had active. I turned around and the three guards I did hit were moaning in pain. "My bad guys."

"Very well, done." Aldir walked up to us. The two guards bowed and gave me a look of anger. "Virion, Wendall here, thought he could take you on in a fight while you used blood magic." I looked at the fire mage, who I beat without using my main blood abilities. I activated "Blood Oath."

"Really?" I asked the guard.

"I"m sorry, I don't believe you are a Blood Deviant." Wendall told me, and I felt for the blood in his body, and buckled his knees. "What the?" I pulled out my sword and held it against his throat.