Failure

"I don't know, if anything, Daryl and Geist have to be ready to destroy the portal frame so now one can walk through." I assured him as we were about to step out of the tent, but someone called to us.

"You two!" It was a female voice, Callias and I spun back around to the voice, she had long black hair, and a very feminine body, she was pretty hot.

"Holy shit." Callias whispered to me, and I held back a smile, damn him.

"I need two soldiers to help me, come over here." She ordered, speaking with a very authoritative tone.

"Yes, please." Callias said softly so only I heard, and the two of us made our way to her, she was standing around four other soldiers, they were men.

"You two are new here, aren't you? There is no need to wear your helmet inside of the tents." She said, motioning for us to take them off, so we did, and when she saw me, her eyes widened. "Oh, you are young, wow, your Blood must be very happy that you are here." She was smirking at me. "I am Captain Lenearis, what blood are you from?"

"We are both from HighBlood Denoir, we arrived yesterday with the batch of recruits." I answered, and then the captain's eyes gleamed with what looked like both joy and fear.

"Everyone out!" She shouted, clearing the room in seconds, leaving the three of us in there alone. "HighBlood Denoir didn't send any troops here." Callias and I stood there, unmoving. "Which begs the question, who are you two? Stowaways possibly?"

Should I kill her, I mean, it would ruin our plan, I couldn't create a clone with her knowledge of what she was doing here, it would be pointless. However, I couldn't let her expose us right now, I barely managed to infect the force, I could kill about one hundred soldiers right now, but that is meaningless.

Callias looked at me with wide eyes, trying to figure out what I was going to do. "We wanted to be part of the war, but we didn't get in, so snook over." Callias said, and I felt for the mana in the air, getting ready to conjure an ice sword.

"I don't think that it is either." Captain Lenearis said, and as she faced me, she took a device out and the sword appeared in my hand, and I cut her wrist off, catching the device in the air, then spun and held my blade to her throat.

The captain's eyes were wide in horror, surprise, and in shock. "Don't say a word." I told her, holding the device. "I think this is the device to activate the shield."

"Ahh!" She screamed in agony, and I closed the wound using blood magic.

"Damn, I couldn't even react." Callias said, taking the device from my hands. "Sorry lady, but you are going to have to die."

"Callias, change of plans." I couldn't use her knowledge, but I could use her. "I need you stay still for a second, Captain Lenearis." I used the blood then dripped to the floor when I killed her to shape a clone that looked identical to her.

"It's you, the Devil of Dicathen, the Prince of Darkness, we were told you would be coming." Captain Lenearis said, and then she smiled. "All hail the High Sovereign." I finished creating the clone, and she shouted. "Code Red!"

"Kill her!" Callias said, and stuck the sword into her throat, then kicked her body to the ground. "Shit, now what." I felt the soldiers outside making their way into her.

"I got it." I started using illusion magic, making her body invisible. "Play it cool."

Ten soldiers ran in, weapons at their side, my clone of Captain Lenearis spoke. "What are you doing? Get out of here."

"We heard code red, that means we've been invaded." The soldier said and looked at me. "Are you sure you are alright, Captain?"

"Yes, I didn't shout anything." Captain Lenearis said, I was still holding the illusion spell. Callias had his hands behind his back, holding the device that we thought activated the shield array. "You can leave."