Departure

(One Month Later)

Ellie and I turned nine last week, all we did was spend time together as a family, it was nice. I got a nice steel sword from Aya to use in case my other one broke, which was good because of what I had planned today. 

All five of the Lances were out on missions, and that meant no one could stop me except for Aldir. I was planning on leaving for the dungeons today, it was time, I pretty much have illusion magic mastered, and there was little reason to stay here. 

My family was going to be upset, Elder Virion might try to send people to find me, but I had to do this. I had to help out and change things in this world. I already checked out the portal that led to Xyrus, the typical four guards were there. I could take them out without hurting them with ease.

I was currently in my room, getting ready. I had on my black cloak I got from Tessia when I was in Elenoir with her. I had a small amount of silver armor underneath covering my shoulders, chest, and quads. I had my mana ring with my swords, food I stole from the kitchen, a mask, and some other supplies.  The mask was for disguise when I left the Floating Castle, they weren't going to let a kid into the dungeons with them.

I already talked to my parents and Ellie one last time, of course I didn't tell them I was leaving. I just spent some time with them this morning and had a few laughs watching Ellie train. 

I walked up to my door, which I had locked, and put the hood on the cloak up. I kept my swords in my mana ring, I wasn't planning on hurting anyone too badly. If I can't just walk through the portal, I'll just use my blood manipulation on the guards. I took a deep breath, and prepared myself, taking one last look in my room to make sure I had everything.

"Let's do this." I opened my door, and my way into the hall. I activated "Blood Oath" and started walking down the hall slowly, making sure I didn't run into anybody I knew. I turned the corner into another hallway, there wasn't anybody there.

I continued walking, a door opened behind me, but I ignored it, nothing was said to me, so everything was fine. I activated "Blood Acceleration" the portal room for Xyrus is in the next hallway. I knew there would be four guards here, but I didn't know how many were going to be at Xyrus. 

I turned the corner and standing in front of the door that led into the portal room, there were two guards. I slowly approached them, and when they noticed me coming with the cloak on, they adjusted their posture.

"State your name." The guard on the right said, as I stopped in front of them. 

"Virion Leywin." I told them. "Open the door, I have permission from Elder Virion."

I glared up at the guard, who was only maybe a few inches taller than me. "I didn't receive anything about your departure from Commander Virion." The guard on the right said. "Virion Leywin you are the Blood Deviant I heard about, right?"

I nodded my head and dropped them both to their knees using blood magic. "Sorry." I went to open the door, but I felt something coming for me from behind. I quickly turned around and brought up a wind wall as an arrow came straight for me. "Ellie." I said, as my sister came running up to me.

"Let us go!" One of the guards pleaded, but I held them down. 

"Veer, what are you doing?" She stopped five yards from me. "Why are you hurting these guards?"

I turned my head away from her. "I'm leaving." I didn't want to have to deal with this. "You can't stop me, so just let it happen." 

I looked back up at her, she was starting to tear up. "W-why?" She sniffled. "I can't lose Arthur and you."