He is just a Child

Virion Eralith

"Gramps, you need to order Veer back now, he's losing it." Arthur told me as we sat in the council room together alone. "Sylvie told me that he lined the wall of the tunnel he entered into with corpses with ice swords in them, he pinned them to the wall, and left them there to die."

"I know." I agreed, Virion needs to return, he has been on a rampage for weeks now, of course, that rampage is helping win this war, but he is losing the war in his mind. "He sent me a report this morning saying that he was coming back soon, I believe it is because he doesn't have the numbers to take on the bigger forces, which is a good sign for us, he's not running head strong into battle."

"Oh, I didn't know that." Arthur said. "I wonder why Sylvie didn't tell me about that."

"Maybe she didn't know Veer sent a report." I suggested. "Anyways, how are they? I believe you told me that they are together now." Arthur laughed a little, and I asked. "What? Are they not?"

"They are." Arthur answered me, good for Veer, it's good that he has someone with him at this time. "Honestly, Sylvie may be the only one keeping him sane at the moment, she told me how she had to bring him back to reality during the one attack where they killed five thousand."

"That's good to hear." I paused, and then said what was on my mind. "It scares me though, and I know Lady Sylvie is powerful, but if they truly are this close, what will happen if something happens to her." Arthur looked like he knew something, but didn't say it, he only nodded his head.

"Yeah, you're right, if something happens to her, I think he might snap." Arthur agreed with what I was thinking. "I don't think he will let that happen though, same with me, I won't let her die."

"What happens if you die, Arthur? Do you think Lady Sylvie would be able to control him? I don't." I know Veer is just a child, but to the people of Dicathen, he is almost a god like figure, I still only see the boy I trained in Zestier, the boy I helped master his blood powers.

"I don't know." Arthur answered honestly. "Do you know how Tess is doing?" I was still getting used to them being together, my granddaughter and Arthur, but I knew this would happen eventually, they had always been close.

"She's fine, but it's good to hear that her future husband is worried about her." I shot a sly remark at him, knowing I would make him uncomfortable.

"Huh." He sighed. "Even if we weren't together right now, I would still ask how she was doing." I knew that.

I wouldn't say this to him, but I knew she spent the night with him at the party. "I know, Arthur, I'm only joking." As I was speaking the doors to the council room opened, and two people walked in, causing me to stand up. "You should not be walking, Cynthia!"

She was hunched over, walking with Lance Varay who was helping her stand up. "Oh, stop it, Virion." Cynthia shot at me, and then turned to Arthur. "It's good to see you again, Arthur." Arthur's face was one of both shock and happiness.

"Director Goodsky, let me help you." Arthur got out of his chair and made his way over to her, placing her other arm around his shoulder. Lance Varay had her other side.

"This is all unnecessary." They helped her up to a seat on the edge, to my right. "So, Virion, I heard the younger Virion has been up to no good." Lance Varay stood behind her, whereas Arthur went back to his chair, and I sat back down. "That child is taking on too much by himself, I've heard from Lance Varay that his kill count is somehow over ten thousand, that, that is just unbelievable."

"You haven't seen him in a while, Cynthia." I told her. "He has changed, not in bad ways, but he is no longer the student you accepted at your academy."