A Company

Virion Eralith

I was currently making my way back to my seat to listen to whatever Lance Bairon needs to report back, he was investigating an Alacryan company towards the west of the Beast Glades. I gave him permission to engage if he found them but seeing that he is undamaged and back already. I suspect that he didn't find anyone, they have to be underground somewhere.

"What is it, Lance Bairon?" I asked him and then sat down with Aldir to my right watching the Lance as well.

Lance Bairon bowed before speaking again, then went on. "I have a report on the company of Alacryans we spotted a little while ago, sir." Why did he seem so weary of the Leywins, was he still upset with Arthur, over that Lucas stuff?

"Go on." Aldir instructed as I thought.

"We couldn't find them, sir, but we did find tracks." The Lance found tracks, but didn't follow them? Did he think he needed orders to do so?

"Did you not follow them, Lance Bairon?" I asked him, slightly confused.

"We did, sir." The Lance seemed scared to say whatever he had to say. "They were cut off eventually, but we have a few guesses on where they are going." I see, where could they be going?

"Where?" I tilted my head at the Lance, trying to figure out the importance of this, and why he was delaying so much.

"The tracks point inwards towards a dungeon, The Sand Grotto, sir." The Lance paused for a second, and then went on. "That's where Arthur's younger brother is." My mind went blank for a second, Virion was there with the Twin Horns, even they couldn't take down a company of Alacryans.

"How many soldiers?" I stood up and stared at him.

"There were about one hundred Alacryans the last time a scout saw them, which means they double the size of the squad inside the dungeon, plus all the beast on their side, it doesn't look good."

"We need to send a letter right away." I spoke out loud. "Go tell a guard to fetch me scroll, we are out." I pointed for Lance Bairon to go to the door and ask. "Aldir, should we send a Lance there to recover them, by now they are about to face off against the mutant, we may be too late."

Lance Bairon went and did what I asked him to do, while Aldir responded to me. "Yes, sending Lance Bairon to recover them isn't an awful idea, but would you be doing that if Virion wasn't there."

"Yes, I just wouldn't be this worried, I care for the boy." I told him.

"Then I suggest doing just that, send Lance Bairon to assist with the fight, I wouldn't recover them." Aldir paused and gave me a meaningful look. "We already discussed that Virion Leywin will be allowed to fight against the Alacryans, so let's see what he can do, if Lance Bairon is there with him, he should be fine."

"Are you serious? Even with Lance Bairon there, they still outnumber us." I was shocked by this idea. "We wanted to ease him into battles with other humans, not put him in a situation where he is outnumbered." Lance Bairon might make it so we win, but Virion could still get injured or even die.

"I know what Virion can do, he will be fine, you should know too." Aldir said, and Lance Bairon came back into my view. "Lance Bairon, you are being sent to the Sand Grotto to assist them in the fight against the company." Aldir ordered him.

"Yes, sir." Lance Bairon bowed, then turned away from us and made his way out of the council room.

A guard came running in. "Here, Commander Virion." He reached up and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said as I sat down and started to give my message to the base, hoping they hadn't left for the mutant yet, or whoever is there to run in and tell them it's a trap. The guard left the room, just as quickly as he entered.