Speech Pt. I

It was the next day, supposedly Arthur and Tess got into some argument yesterday when I wasn't there.

You know, both of them are older than me, and yet the two fight over the most stupid things.

Arthur was pressing Tess on how the only reason she was in the war was to prove to everyone she wasn't a child and could handle herself.

This was the exact reason I joined the war, and it worked, everyone looks at me differently now. Tess doesn't have my powers though, but she has every right to do what she is doing.

I was sitting in my room, it was four in the morning, I couldn't go back to sleep after having a nightmare about fighting Uto. There were only guards up, so there wasn't much to do, but sit here and think and absorb mana.

Today, was the announcement that will start the real war, and make Arthur and me Lances. I was thinking about that, Arthur needed to get stronger, but how do I go up to him and be like, get stronger or we will lose the war.

After the speech, I was going to give him Uto's horn, so that should help a little. Most of the mana inside of it will go to creating Regis, I know Arthur struggles with the mana inside, it causes him to see some of Uto's memories.

What if I give the ring to Arthur to wear, then push the mana in his body to his core using blood magic. I don't know if that's safe though, I could do more harm than good.

I activated "Blood Oath" and sensed to see who was all here. Immediately, I could feel the Lances, all of them were here in the castle, in their rooms most likely. Actually, everyone was here, every royal family member, every Lance, it makes sense because of the speech.

Alright, before I start to absorb mana, I should probably change. I already laid out the outfit I wanted, it was the same one as yesterday, I washed the clothes before I went to bed.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and started to absorb the mana in the atmosphere. I activated my ring for ten seconds, shooting mana into my core and not into my palm.

I only hoped that Aldir didn't sense it, he didn't before, so I should be fine.

The speech today should be interesting, I have no clue what is exactly said, like if Elder Virion says something about the deal Alacrya has offered us.

Jagrette really tried to talk shit yesterday, it was funny, Arthur defeated her, which meant I could as well. I thought it was funny how she took Uto's rule, it makes me wonder if Agrona or someone, told them to do something. Cylrit was the one that stayed calm, and the other Retainer was supposed to start a fight.

I activated my ring again, going for ten seconds, then stopped. I spun the ring on my finger, I never liked wearing jewelry, but in this life, I wore two rings and two bracelets.

I absorbed mana and thought over things for about two hours, that's when people started to move around the castle. I was assuming they were getting ready for the speech.

I wonder what's going to happen with Lance Olfred, I mean there are dwarves at the speech. I believe they kept the Lances betrayal from the public, the only people who would know would be whoever he was communicating with.

That's when someone knocked on my door, I sensed three people outside the door. "Sir, may we come in." It was a maid, why is there a maid here. If I could sleep, I would want to sleep past six a.m.

I went to speak, but someone on the other side did, and I knew who it was. "Let me handle this." The door swung open, the four people outside the doors stared at me on the edge of the best with wide eyes, most likely surprised to see me up.