Back Up

I nodded my head, pushing past the desire to kill five thousand men. "Let's go then." Him and I exited the tent, and I said. "Be safe, Callias, I'll get Daryl and Geist, they are on the far end, close to the troops in formation."

"You too, Veer." Callias nodded, placing his helmet on, and we split apart, heading in two different directions, he was going to get Melody and Cassandra. The two of them were on the west end, also, near the troops, but on the other side of Daryl and Geist.

As I picked up my pace, trying to look like a worried soldier, I ran towards the portal frame, and the soldiers in my way were getting into formation, shouting orders to one another, worrying about where I was located.

"Boom!" The portal frame exploded as a fire and wind spell collided with it.

Shit, all the soldiers turned toward the frame that was no longer there, Geist and Daryl did their job, but they should not have. "Kill those two!" Soldiers shouted as they got into fighting positions.

I could feel all their cores activating, Daryl and Geist's heartbeats were quickening as they faced the enormous force before them alone. Shields activated in the front row, well, there goes trying to escape without fighting.

I vanished, appearing before Geist and Daryl. "You shouldn't have done that." I said, taking the armor off in the process, and my cloak out of my mana ring, and slipping it on. That armor would just slow me down, I can't wear it and fight.

"We figured if it was destroyed the force couldn't get any back up." Geist said, and he had a point. "We thought if we did this, the four of you could have left and got the others."

I shook my head as arrows came down on us, and I brought an ice wall up and over us, making sure none of us got hit. "Listen up, I'm going to use my illusion magic to get us out of here, just stay by my side, and I'll take care of it."

The wall crumbled as the spells and arrows destroyed, there were too many, I started using illusion magic, hiding us, but it didn't work, the Sentries pointed in my direction. "They are right there; he's using some sort of magic to be invisible."

More spells and arrows rained down on our position, causing me to conjure another ice wall. I'm sorry, Callias, this is for the greater good. "You two, get out of here, I'll keep the illusion spell active for you, but I'll fight the force myself."'

"What? We can let you do that, General." Daryl looked at me with a very serious face.

"He's right, we can't abandon you down here, I know you are our leader, but that is why we can't." Geist added.

"Also, you are a child, no matter your strength, your wisdom, you shouldn't be sacrificing your life for us." Daryl placed a hand on my shoulder. "We aren't leaving without you, Lance Virion."

"It's an order." I told the two of them, pushing more ice into the wall. "I'm about to lose some of my sanity, you don't want to be around when I do, trust me, for your safety, leave." I was about to kill a shit ton of people, causing some chaos that should buy the five of them time to leave.

My hair started to change color, causing them to back away, and then I pushed them using wind magic, revealing myself to the crowd of soldiers, and got ready to fight. "There he is!" The soldiers screamed, all facing me now.

I felt for Melody, Cassandra, and Callias, and used illusion magic on them from here, allowing the five of them to get away, and keeping the attention of the Sentries by exerting my aura to its fullest.

I needed to let Sylvie know, there was no running from this now, if they can get in here, they can help Callias and the others. I don't see how I escape, even with the shield not activated, I could probably get out, but our force would lose the element of surprise, and we would probably lose a lot more men, so it's better if we fought here.