A Dungeon Run

(One Month Later)

I walked toward the teleportation gate where Elder Virion told me to meet him. He was standing there, by himself, and I approached him with my gear and cloak on. I think he was sending me somewhere.

"Gramps." I said as I stopped in front of him. "What's going on?"

"I know for the past month you told me, and I am taking your word for it, that you have not had any issues with your Beast Will. Today, I'm sending back out into the field, nowhere special, but I know you don't like sitting in the castle." Elder Virion opened the door to the teleportation gate I was taking, and inside was Callias.

"There he is!" Callias exclaimed. "We are going back to the dungeons!"

"Haha." I laughed and turned to Elder Virion. "Is that true?"

"Sort of." We walked up to Callias, I shook his hand. "I'm sending the two of you to a dungeon we already cleared, and it's a very low rated dungeon."

"Just the two of us?" I asked him, hoping for it.

"Yes, you are going to Widow's Cyrpt." I remember this place, I've never been, but this where the school went on their trip. "There isn't as many mana beast there, but there are some, I want you to get the feel for being out in the field again."

"Okay, that sounds fun, but why is Callias coming." I turned to him and smiled. "I don't think he'll help me at all."

"Shut up." He pushed me. "I'm coming to make sure you don't lose control, and also to train as well."

"Fine." I nodded, not caring, at least it was only the two of us. "Snarlers or Gnolls?" I knew one of those where the type of mana beast in there.

"Gnolls." Elder Virion told me. "Light work for you, right?"

"Yeah." I turned toward the portal. "Alright, how far in should we go?" If they already cleared it, that meant there probably wasn't a mutated beast.

"Go down as far as you want, be safe though." Elder Virion gave me a look of confidence, like he knew I would be fine, which I did, then spoke again. "Go on, come back when you're ready."

"Understood, Commander." Callias jumped through the portal first.

"Make sure he doesn't get hurt." Elder Virion told me as I was about to step through the portal.

"I will." I assured him as I appeared in the abandoned base inside of Widow's Crypt. "It's so weird here with no soldiers."

"Yeah." Callias agreed with me. "So, you ready, cause I am, I am ready to see the Devil of Dicathen in action again."

"Listen, don't call me that when we are together." I laughed as I started to walk toward the exit of the base.

"Fine, I'll come up with something else." Callias shot at me. "I can't call you a Devil or a Demon, that's just too ordinary."

"Then, call me Veer." I shrugged as I opened the door leading out of the base and activated "Blood Oath."

"Lame." Callias nudged me as he pulled his sword out. "What do you want from me? I want to train, but I know you want to kill them all."

"Let me take out the second and third floor by myself." I told him as I had fire form over my right hand, and ice over my left. "If that is okay with you?"

"Not like I'll be killing a lot anyways." I sensed the mana beast on the second floor, there were only forty of them. I could kill all easily with one spell, but I want to use multiple spells on them, try everything out. "You know I hit light yellow while I was in the last dungeon."