Back to the Castle

We sat in silence as we flew back to the Floating Castle, I was absorbing as fast as I could, so that I could heal myself, but Arthur told me that the odds are, mana won't be able to just correct my bones that fast, which made sense.

I wasn't in that much pain, I don't know how, but it was a relief. In my old world, an injury like this would be catastrophic, you would be bed rested for at least a couple months.

Whereas here, I should be up and going in a week, hopefully, don't really know.

"We're here." Sylvie said as the Floating Castle came into view, guards flew on bonds in front of the Castle, blocking the path as they prepared to fight us in case, we were enemies, but when they saw my brother and I, they quickly formed a path for us to enter.

"Generals." The guard in the front spoke, and as we passed them, they all began to salute us, which was pretty cool, but as they observed me, some of their eyes widened in curiosity, I mean my arm and leg were busted up pretty badly.

The doors that towered over us that led to the inside of the castle slowly opened up, and we entered into a large room where numerous people where, Captain Glory did send a message about our return, and what happened at the battle.

I was glad Captain Auddyr didn't do anything stupid, I know in the novel he thinks Arthur ran from the battle, but once he sees Jagrette's body, he realizes that he was wrong, but since we won that battle very easily, it was Captain Glory who came to see if we were okay.

I could see Elder Virion standing there by himself with a worried expression on his face, probably because he heard about the condition, I was in. I was surprised Arthur didn't get hurt that badly, it was because I was there. I'd say Arthur has a couple broken ribs and a lot of bruises, he also has some internal damage from the soulfire that needs to be healed a little more, but he will be fine.

The men and women in the room quickly stood up and rushed over to us, most likely to treat our wounds. "Don't try to walk on your leg Veer, and don't use magic, you need your mana." Arthur told me as we landed on the ground, and Elder Virion came to the side of Sylvie. The other people around us were hesitant, but they quickly followed behind Elder Virion.

"I heard what happened." Elder Virion spoke as Arthur slid down off of Sylvie toward him. "Are you two, okay? I can't believe a Scythe was there."

"We're fine." I said as I sat on top of Sylvie still, knowing that I couldn't walk at the moment.

"No, he's not." Sylvie spoke, surprising everyone in the room.

"He has a broken arm and leg, maybe some broken ribs like me as well; he's going to need medical attention." Arthur told Elder Virion, and his eyes widened as he examined me further.

"How are you okay right now?" He asked, then shook his head. "It doesn't matter, get him down and bring him to the medical wing." Elder Virion ordered the healers I assumed in the room, but before anyone could do anything, wind formed under me, picked me up and slowly moved me off of Sylvie and onto the ground.

Sylvie transformed into her small fox form and stood beside Arthur as three medics came over and started to help me. I was pretty sure these were Deviant mages, all with healing magic of some sorts.

"Arthur, how are you?" Elder Virion asked as I was laying on the floor being treated before they moved me. I could feel the woman on my right wrapping my leg in some sort of fabric, the man on my left was wrapping my arm in the same fabric, I wanted to show some sign of weakness, but I knew better, I pushed the pain of them messing with my arm and leg to the side, and closed my eyes as they did their jobs.