Slaughter

I stood around the bodies of countless soldiers in black armor, some dead, some dying slowly, unable to move, standing across from me was the last of the Alacryan force, maybe twenty soldiers, all huddled together, shivering in fear.

Callias and some of the other mages were coming into the cavern as I was dealing with these men. "Shield!" A soldier screamed, the blue shields rose up, but they knew that it was meaningless.

"There's no point!" A soldier screamed, freaking out, and as he started to back away, I gripped his core, and had the blood in him explode out of his body, then manipulated the blood into bullets, sending them into other soldiers.

The shields fell as I disrupted their cores as well, and then as they screamed for mercy, I killed the rest of them in a matter of second. I pulled the blood back to me and took out the tubes I used, and stored the blood inside of them, then placed them back into my mana ring.

I fell to my knees, somewhat exhausted, rolled to face Callias and the other mages. "Told you this was a better way of handling things, no one died on our side." I told them, wiping blood off of my face as I deactivated my beast will, feeling the power in me drain slightly.

"You good?" Callias asked me, and I nodded. "Any survivors?" I shook my head no. "Alright, good work, we'll send word to Commander Virion when we get back."

"Lance Virion, do you need help getting back to base?" Melody asked as she stepped up beside Callias. "You seem tired, and you are drenched in blood." I felt blood roll down my cheek, and I stared at the mages.

Callias and Melody were the only ones who were looking at me normally, the others looked scared to some degree. "I'm fine." I told them as I turned to the portal frame still running. I had the clone I sent here come out or hiding, and jump down near us, causing everyone to be frightened for a second.

"What are you doing with your clone?" Callias asked me as I reached out a hand for someone to help me up.

Melody got closer, grabbed my hand, and helped me to my feet. "I'm going to send him to Alacrya." The clone came over, silent, standing alone. "You think that is a bad idea, or no?"

"It's not an awful idea." Callias responded. "But aren't they after you, if they get their hands on a clone, couldn't they study it?"

I shook my head. "No, I can break the clone down to blood, making it so it never existed." I told him, sending the clone to the portal. "This doesn't leave this group, understood?" I looked at all the mages, giving them death stares, even Callias. "No one can learn of this, there are spies I'm sure everywhere."

The mages all bowed, even Callias and Melody, understanding that I was being deadly serious. "We won't tell a soul." Melody said and sent me a smile. "I think you should head back, we'll destroy the portal, and deal with everything, you need to clean yourself up."

"Yeah, you look like you just cleared a dungeon." Callias mentioned, and the seriousness dropped on my face. I looked up at the hole the demolition team created for me, the soldiers there all stared down at the chaos and carnage I had created.

The clone turned around, and I shouted. "You need to put on one of these dead soldier's armor." It stopped, bent down, and did as I said, putting the armor over the clothing it was wearing. "Callias, you are in charge here, destroy the portal, I'll head back to the camp with half the troops."

"Okay." Callias responded but went on. "How are you feeling mentally?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not the time." I replied, somewhat tired of that question, and flew up into the air.

Melody shouted to me. "Good work, Lance Virion." I sent her a nod as I got closer to the ceiling, and the soldiers cleared an opening for me to land in.