What the Future Holds

(Three Months Later)

I was currently in the back yard alone, practicing manipulating mana. I wasn't sure, but I think everyone except for me went in to Xyrus. I didn't feel like walking around today, I was too tired.

Arthur has been training with me every day since he returned. I could already tell the difference in my battle strength. Yet, I still could not use attributed mana, I could only move it around. I just couldn't form anything with it.

Arthur said it was going to take some time to figure what type of elemental I was, but I may not be one. I might just have pure mana manipulation.

I was still developing my Blood Deviant magic if it was even called that. 

Every time I had a wound from training or playing with Ellie and Lilia, I would place some of my pure mana and the water mana in the atmosphere inside of my blood. 

At this very moment, I could move the mana throughout my body. I felt the blood around it, I just needed my water attributed mana to activate. Then I could test my theory, if I was right, this Blood Deviant magic would put me up there in strength.

Blood runs throughout your body, including in your brain. I mean, I don't know how magic works, but if I'm right I should be able to do something with someone's brain. 

All of this was just a theory though, I still didn't know if it was possible, let alone what would happen if it worked. It is weird to think about, I know pretty much everything about this world, past, present, and the future, yet this is the first thing I don't know anything about. Would I literally be able to just manipulate someone's blood in their body? That would be amazing.

I held out my hand and watched as the different colors of mana danced around in my hand. I wasn't controlling them; I was just watching as the mana did its own thing. It allowed me to think about the future with ease.

Like for instance, the war, I'll be eight when Arthur leaves, and ten when he returns. That's when the real battles begin, but would I even be allowed to fight in it. I'll be a ten year old. If I was strong enough, I could convince them.

What am I even thinking? Do I really think that I could fight in a war? I was good with a sword now, not great, but could I kill some? I could probably kill a mana beast, but that is totally different. Taking a life from a person is scary to think about.

Let's just go back to the war, we know that Agrona's goals are to take over Dicathen and capture Tessia. I wonder if I should just protect Tessia, wouldn't that solve everything. Agrona would still take over Dicathen though. However, if Arthur can get his Aether core, he can retake Dicathen with ease. As long as I didn't allow Tessia to be captured, my family would be safe.

Well, I would have to also save my father at the wall, I could leave Tessia for a little. She doesn't get captured until after the war. That's if my presence doesn't change anything, which I'm assuming it will.

Will I just make everything worse? I hope not.

I forgot about the dwarves, some of them are working with Alacrya. I won't think about that at all, there is not a single thing I could say, to make Humans and Elves investigate. If anything, I'll get in trouble.

Lance Olfred was working for Alacrya, I knew that for sure. He gets taken care of; I don't really need to worry about that. Unless, dealing with him sooner benefits us. I don't see how it would since that's when we take down Retainer Uto as well.

My brain hurts.

"What are you doing Veer?" Lilia called out to me from the stairs as she was walking down.