The Iron Tombs Pt. II

"I sense mana beast coming at us in the walls?" I said questioningly, the Flukets were now fifty yards from us, I turned and reached into their bodies. "Boom!" The tunnel wall to our left opened, it was like the wall moved to form a path for something. I turned to the opening, releasing my grip on the Flukets, and a giant worm covered in a silver coat of armor from one end to another, possibly twenty feet in length, came flying out toward Samantha, and the growling got even louder.

"Ahhhh!" Samantha screamed, as she fell down and looked up at the worm opening its mouth to swallow her, behind me the Flukets came rushing in ten yards away.

"Shit!" Victoria screamed as she launched an earthen spear at the worm, it wasn't going to do anything, I could see from here that the armor on it was strong enough to protect it from her attack.

I quickly reached into the worm, and yanked the blood out of it, causing it to explode all over Samantha. The worms body parts were sent in every direction, I didn't have time to see if she was okay. I brought my sword up and blocked a fist coming at me from a Fluket, then pushed my blue fire on to it, setting it on fire.

Callias slid his sword into a Fluket, and then spun and cut off the head of another. "Veer, Callias, hold your ground, Samantha is down." Victoria ordered, and as fast as I could I ripped the blood out of the beast in our vicinity, killing maybe six.

I turned to Samantha and Victoria, and brought up an ice wall to protect them, in case any got by us. "Callias, it's just you and me." I told him as I formed another wall of ice in front of us, separating us from the girls and the beast.

"What are you doing?" Callias asked. "We can handle it."

"I know." As the Flukets pounded on the ice wall, trying to break it. "I want to make sure no more of those worms show up." I didn't know a mana beast like that existed, at the moment it looked like they either all turned around or stopped moving.

"Oh, smart." Callias was still in a fighting position. "It looks like Samantha is fine." I didn't bother to turn around, I conjured ice swords underneath the mana beast on the other side of the wall, killing them all. "Damn." Callias shot me a look of disbelief.

I broke the ice barrier separating us from the girls. "Is she alright?" I asked Victoria as she wrapped bandages around Samantha's leg. I could tell Samantha was in shock, I bet her life flashed before her eyes.

"I-I'm fine." Samantha answered.

"An Earth Worm's tooth got her in the leg, but you saved her life, Veer." Victoria finished applying the bandages. "I see you took care of everything else as well." I nodded. "I don't think she can keep going, let's call it here."

"N-no, i'm fine." Samantha stood up slowly. "I can keep going." She limped a little but seemed fine.

"Are you sure?" Victoria asked.

"Yes." We all gathered around her.

"Mind if I try something?" I asked Samantha if she wanted to keep going, I could help her at, she nodded her head, and I bent down and placed my hand over her leg. I started to use my blood magic to close the wound and help her with the pain. "Is that better?"

I got back up, and she started to walk a lot better as we watched. "Yeah, it feels normal now. What did you do?" Samantha started to examine her leg.

"I guess I didn't tell you guys, but with my blood powers I can heal people." I fixed the mask on my face. "There all dead, we can keep going, I'll be tracking the worms from now on."

"Okay, let's keep going." Victoria said, and we all got back into position, Samantha was walking normally after I healed her. "Veer, can you sense anymore Earth Worms?"