Ashber Pt. VIII

He threw the artifact at my feet, and I quickly enhanced my speed even more, pushing my blood at a speed that almost feels impossible, and shot away from the artifact as it activated, form a cage with no one it. I remember something like that being used in the novel on Arthur, but he had aether, I didn't, that for sure would have trapped me.

"Fool?" I said. "You wanted to separate us again and use that artifact on me." I clapped my hands. "What a plan? Truly, too bad I know what that is."

"That's imp---" He was cut off as I launched myself at him, the three of them should be able to stand up against a weakened Lyra, I have one responsibility, to kill this Retainer, even though he probably was a young Wraith, looking at the size of his horns.

I swung at his head, he ducked, swung his blade with all his might. I swatted it away with my own blade, then went to grab his throat, but he went to cut off my arm with his other blade, forcing me to stop. I didn't want to lose an arm, that would have been bad.

After dodging his second sword, I dropped to the ground, shot myself with wind mana before his swords could absorb it, and launched myself into his lower half, picking him off the ground, and tackling him into a tree with my enhanced strength using blood magic.

I gripped his hand holding the sword, conjured an ice dagger as I held him, and as it appeared, he couldn't absorb, and I drove the dagger through him, and jabbed it into the tree as hard as I could, holding his hand in place. The sword faded away, and the Retainer gritted his teeth as he went to stab me with his other sword, I fell to the ground, dodging his blade, then shot myself back up at him as he stood against the tree.

I grabbed his other arm as he swung at me once again, spun to the side, holding it still, and conjured another dagger in him, pushing into the tree, making him release his blade. I then conjured an ice sword in my left hand, I didn't need to worry about his swords absorbing mana anymore.

I drove my elven sword into his right leg, holding against the tree, then drove the ice sword into his leg leg, placing into the tree. He was unable to move, the Retainer was wide eyed, looking at me in horror.

I smiled up at him. "I thought you were going to take me down?" I looked around, Aya was on the ground, it looked like she was done, not injured, just no mana to keep going, which is bad, mana depletion is a serious thing, it hit me like a brick after my fight with Lucas.

"You damned Lesser!" He hissed at me.

"Who is the real Lesser though?" I conjured an ice sword in my right hand. "Me? Or you, the one pinned to a tree?" I drove my blade into his core, blood was already gushing everywhere, but now it was pouring onto the ground.

The Retainer leaned over, lifeless, unmoving, I killed him, and pinned him onto a tree. I turned back to the fight going on to my side, Arthur and Sylvie were struggling, but I shot an ice spear at the Retainer, and everyone froze.

I started to heal everyone, disrupting the core in Lyra so she couldn't use magic, I felt my tremble from tiredness from using so much mana, but I still had a quarter left. Using blood magic to disrupt cores is hard on me though, it doesn't matter, two Retainers are dead, that is all that matters, and another will be soon.

I conjured an ice sword, and Arthur spoke. "Veer, we can end her together." Ice was covering Dawn's Ballad, I slowly approached them. "How are you doing?"

"I am fine." I said, walking up next to him. "Sylvie, take Aya away, Arthur and I will handle her." Sylvie nodded, listening to me, and picked up Aya, and flew away, but that is when Arthur stumbled slightly. "Arthur?" I said questioningly, he was running low on mana as well.