Sylvie vs Retainer Pt. I

Sylvie Indrath

I flew through sky, towards the Retainer I had to fight alone, I'll take whoever I have to down for Arthur, Veer, and Lance Aya, they were counting on me. Veer had no clue who this was, which worried me, he said he knew most of the Retainers and Scythes.

I was also worried for Veer, he was taking on one hundred and sixty Alacryans by himself, which could not be good for his mental health, I don't want anything to happen to him. I want Veer to stay the same person he is now, nice, caring, funny, and so much more.

'Arthur, I'm arriving now.' I thought to him as I landed on the ground, in front of the Retainer in an open field.

'Be careful.' Arthur thought back to me, and I could sense the fear in him from here, he must have arrived at his Retainer as well.

"The dragon." The big bulky Retainer spoke to me as I stood in my dragon form twenty yards from him. "I was told you would be here, I want to make my first appearance in this war memorable, so taking down a dragon should do that." The Retainer had giant muscles, red eyes, black armor, but his horns were pretty small.

"And which Retainer might you be?" I spoke to him, wondering who he might be, this way I could inform Veer after I take him down.

The red eyes of the Vritra in front of me looked a little puzzled. "I was told you could talk, but seeing it in person, hahaha." He laughed at the end, speaking in a very authoritative tone. "I am Retainer Erie." He grinned at me. "So, what's your name dragon."

"It doesn't matter!" I shouted, forming a beam of pure mana in my mouth, then shot it at the Retainer, he stood still, and a dark black mist formed around his arms and fist.

"Rude." The Retainer said as the beam of energy hit him dead on as he brought his arms up in defense, and the energy I shot was gone, like he absorbed it. "Too much power." He smiled, then threw an air punch at me, releasing a similar, but slightly weaker attack at me.

I flew up into the air, dodging it, not wanting to get hit and see what it could do to me. He was able to absorb my attack, but how, it has to be the mist around his arms. The Retainer just smiling at me. I formed another beam, shot it, and as he raised his hands, the energy went into him, and he redirected it at me, forcing me to dodge once again.

As I dodged, I charged the Retainer, I'm larger, I can overpower him. I went to pick him up, but as I did, he sidestepped my claws, grabbed my tail, and all of sudden my back hit a tree next to him as he threw me.

I crashed through countless trees, not hurt because of my scales, he was going to have to do better than that. I stood on my four feet as I felt him start to build up mana inside of his body, getting ready to launch at me.

The Retainer appeared before me, throwing a punch at my head, he didn't care that I was a dragon, he was fighting me straight up like I was a human. I went it for the bite, but as I did, like he had control over gravity, my head was pulled to his fist, and the Retainer clobbered me to the ground.

I quickly got up, but his fist hit me again, and again, I swung around my tail, bringing it to his back legs, knocking him forward, then brought my claw to his chest, slicing him slightly as he moved past me.

We stood apart after our small exchange. "Hmm." The Retainer looked down at his small wound, and then like it never happened, it healed, and I watched the mist around his arms diminish just slightly. "Damned claws."

I flapped my wings, built up mana, and shot at him, swinging my claws, the Retainer ducked under the first one, then jumped over the second one, and went to grab my wing, but I flapped it, knocking him backwards slightly.