The Party IV

Sylvie Indrath

Arthur and Tess just left the room, and Arthur has cut our communication. The last thing he said was watch Veer and make sure nothing bad happened when he was gone. I wonder why he rushed out so suddenly with Tess, but feeling what I did right before our mental link cut out, I think it had to do with Tess.

"Veer." I said as we swayed back and forth, he seemed to be enjoying himself, I was too, this was nice. "I think Arthur is confessing to Tess, they just left."

"I doubt it, we both know Arthur." Veer spoke and as he did, he smirked at me. "But if he did do it now, I have to imagine things would change drastically, and that could go both ways." Veer leaned his head on my shoulder, and for some reason I felt a sudden rush of joy. However, I knew he was a little tipsy right now, or whatever they call it.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, it could be good that he confessed this early, but it could also be pretty bad. You don't know the things that might change, deaths, battles, and so much more. That is if he confesses right now, which he won't." Veer and I continued to stay in the middle of the people. "Knowing though what I do, for Arthur to confess now, I believe would change things for the better."

"Why?" I asked, not knowing if I could trust the answers from him right now.

"Think about it, Arthur tells Tess that he loves her, he fights even harder to get stronger, she does the same, and now with that horn, she should be able to reach white core at some point. This will give Dicathen three white core mages who utilize a Beast Will." Even when drunk, he is very clever, and kind. "I was thinking about how we should use that last horn, and I know we said not to give it to Tessia, but she deserves it, she really is the only one."

"You know Arthur would say otherwise." This made him laugh a little as he pulled his head back up. His cheeks were all red, but I don't think he was blushing because of me. "Maybe we should get you some water."

"No, I feel good." He told me. "I've been thinking, the next major event would be the wall incident. We have to figure out how to prevent that, of course, there is a simple way to do that."

"Don't think about that right now, Veer." I stared into his brown eyes. "Just enjoy yourself right now, deal with that tomorrow or the day after."

"I guess you are right." Veer said, then smiled. "I've been so worried about everyone else's future lately, but never thought about my own. I don't even know what I want to do with my life after all this, we don't even know if we can win."

"We can." I assured him. "With your knowledge, we most definitely can."

He shook his head. "Knowledge is important, but the fact they have more mages than us is something I can't change, they out number us drastically, in the coming battles, I don't see how the outcome of the war changes." It seems Veer is speaking honestly while under the influence. "Fine, we know that there are, I don't know, forty thousand men heading to the Elven Kingdom, what Dicathen force is going to stop that?"

"Stop thinking about the future, come on, stay in this moment." I insisted, he shouldn't worry about all that right now, he should be celebrating a victory, a victory well earned.

That was when Lance Aya came over, people eyed us up, but none of us seemed to care. "Aya." Veer said, and she smiled at him. "How are you feeling?"

"I am fine, Veer, you seem to be having fun." Aya said as Veer released me, and we stopped dancing. "Mind if you two come with me? The King and Queen would like to speak with Veer."

"Oh, no." Veer said. "Did I upset them?" His eyes were wide. "Wait, is it King Glayder or King Eralith, because I only care about one of them really."

I hit Veer on the arm. "Don't say that out loud."