Faith

Callias Fleet

"Princess, I know you said not to call you that, but I need to know if you are okay." I asked Tessia as she started to wake up inside of the healer's tent. "Princess?"

"Where am I?" She asked me, a little out of it. "Where is Veer? Where is my team?" Tessia shot to her feet, but I stood in front of her, not letting her go back into the dungeon. "Move."

"Princess, no, I can't do that, Veer made me promise to protect you, if I let you go back inside, that would be hard." I spoke calmly, thinking about my partner in there with Samantha. "You know what he is capable of, sit, please, and recover from your injuries."

"I feel fine, Veer already healed me." She sat down aggressively, but at least she did as I asked.

"Tessia!" Stannard exclaimed as he walked back into the tent. "You are awake."

"Stannard, where is everyone else? Are you okay?" Tessia's eyes were wide, but I could tell she was glad to see him. "Caria, Darvus?"

"They aren't back yet." Stannard spoke with a sad tone. "But Lance Olfred arrived and is searching for them at the moment."

"Lance Olfred is here?" I asked, not knowing that he had shown up. "Shit, this must be serious, it's good Veer is in there too, the two of them would make a powerful duo."

"We should be in there too." Tessia told us. "Callias, you know you want to fight with Veer, let's go back in."

Stannard and I shook our heads. "No, it's too dangerous, and you aren't at one hundred percent." I would love to fight with Veer in there, I just hope Victoria and Samantha are okay. "Anyways, if Veer and a Lance are in there, the fighting should be over soon."

"He's right, Tessia." Stannard agreed with me. "We would just be putting ourselves in unnecessary danger."

"Stannard." She said, still insisting on going in. "Unnecessary danger? Fighting against Alacryans and mana beast is unnecessary."

"No." I spoke with authority, I was supposed to watch over her, and I will. "You're right, but what he is saying, is that we won't be changing the outcome if we do go in now." I paused for a second and gave Stannard a nod. "So, let's just stay here, and wait for everyone to return, I'm also responsible for protecting the base, with everyone out."

Tessia sat in silence, thinking over my words, Stannard agreed with me, so that helped. "Fine." Tessia spoke, and I was relieved. "I hope everyone is okay, I won't be able to live with myself if the two of them died."

"They'll be fine, there are a lot of people looking for them." I sat down in a chair next to her, Stannard did as well. All we could do was wait, it sucked, because the truth was, I did want to fight, but keeping the Princess safe was more important.

"Yeah, Tessia." Stannard sent her a smile. "Everything is fine."

I did feel something weird though, when I was with Veer, like a dark force was in the dungeon with us. It might have been my imagination, but I swore it was something. I didn't want to bring it up and make Tessia worry more.

"How about we go for a walk?" Stannard suggested. "Keep your mind off the situation."

"That sounds good." I stood up. "Come on, Tessia, let's go wait for everyone at the exit." A sudden energy was sent throughout the base, and then disappeared. "Was that the teleportation gate?"

"I think so." Stannard said, and we all started to walk toward where the gate opened at. "But Lance Olfred is already here."

"It's probably my grandfather." Tessia said shamefully. "He heard we were attacked and probably wanted to see if I was okay."