Disbelief

Sylvie Indrath

My bond was on his knees, screaming in anger, sorrow, which I felt, it hurt me, I was feeling everything he did.

I changed back into my fox form, so I could be closer to Arthur.

His aura was exerting a dark energy, a rage filled one, dark, like everything that happened was his fault, like he didn't do enough.

I wanted to help him, but how could I.

I was feeling exactly what he did, Veer was always nice to me, I cared for him so much.

I could barely bear what my bond was feeling and sharing with me, it was like the world collapsed on him, took everything he had away from him, it was awful.

My eyes were watering in my fox form, his emotions were like a storm inside of him, changing up every second, fighting the urge to keep growing, it didn't matter to me, I wanted to rage out, I wanted to break something, I wanted to kill that Scythe.

In this moment, Arthur was not a Lance, not a General, but a mere boy who lost his brother.

'Arthur, I'm so sorry.' Tears were flowing down his face, also my own, Veer meant a lot to me, my bond's brother.

'Sylv, he, he isn't dead, right.' I couldn't respond to him anymore, it was too hard, he was sitting in disbelief.

I managed to crawl up into his lap as he leaned back from the ground. The boy who was the same age as me, was dead, it really did feel like a dream.

I felt the mana of approaching soldiers coming towards us, but it didn't matter, the fight was over, and if I am right, it's Captain Glory.

'There are soldiers coming, do you want me to stop them?' I asked Arthur, I didn't know if he wanted people to see him in this state.

He didn't reply, but just kept on crying, tears fell to the ground, his white hair reverted back to its auburn color, and the pain he was feeling increased.

His legs had serious wounds, but at the moment, he didn't give a damn about it, he was still crying about the death of his brother.

'No, I don't care.' He finally replied to me, his tears slowed as he looked off into the distance where the Scythe disappeared at. 'I'm going to kill him.'

'I agree.' I just don't know if we can, he was on a whole other level. 'I don't know how we go about that though.'

'It doesn't matter, I'll find a way.' Anger, sorrow, and guilt was flowing all through my bond. I was feeling everything he did, and I could see what he kept on picturing in his head.

He was replaying the image of his brother having a sword through him, over, and over again. It hurt  me, it hurt to watch his brother die again and again.

I could feel them coming, just about to exit the closest tree line. 'Arthur, stop, there coming, I know it's hard, but they shouldn't see you like this.'

'Who cares, Sylv?'

Twenty soldiers exited the tree line, and stopped as they absorbed in the scene before them, fire burning the grass, spikes growing out of the ground, and my bond holding me in his lap, crying.

Captain Glory was the first one to start walking again, she quickly made her way over to us. She was looking around, most likely for Veer, as he was no longer here.

Arthur didn't acknowledge her; his eyes were still watering as he stared into the distance. "Arthur? W-what happened here?" There was a long silence as the other soldiers walked up behind the captain. "Arthur?"