A Quick Exit

(One Week Later)

I've been here with Gideon now for a week, he still hasn't found a cure for the corrupted Beast Will. He has been doing countless tests and is trying everything he can to figure it out. Gideon had my respect for trying this hard.

I was currently training Callias, it was only a sparring match, but I wanted to help make him stronger. It doesn't do much for me, but it does for him, there's not much to do around here anyways.

"What are you thinking about?" Callias said as he swung his fist at my face, I moved my head to the side, watched his fist go by me, and his eyes widened as my left hand approached him.

"Nothing." I said, bringing my fist into his rib cage, knocking him to the ground. "Don't talk while you are fighting, you aren't good at it." I reached my hand down to help him up.

"Damn you, even without magic, you still are insanely strong." He took my hand, and I pulled him up. "Where's the Princess, we could spar a little?"

"I think in her room, I believe she's leaving today." It was nice sparring with Callias and Kathyln while I was here, it made me feel better.

"How sad." Callias said as he backed away from me. "You were right though, she's pretty good with ice magic."

"She is." I shrugged and conjured an ice sword. "Want to continue while we wait for her?"

Callias shook his head. "Give me like five minutes, I'm not as young as you, I need more breaks."

"Alright old man." I conjured a chair made from ice and sat down on it. "How do you survive in the dungeons?"

"Ahh, I had the Devil of Dicathen with me most of the time." Callias smiled at me, and we both started to laugh.

"You did, I honestly hate that name, don't get me wrong, it's cool I'm known by everyone, I only wish the nickname was better." I had no idea what I wanted to be known as, but still, the name was alright. I guess, soon I'll be known as Lance Leywin.

"I like it." Callias admitted. "You have to agree whatever nickname you'll ever have, is going to have something to do with blood."

"I get it, but Devil of Dicathen seems, I don't know, original." It reminded me of Arthur, but I don't know.

"There has literally never been anyone called that." Callias turned toward the house. "Do you think they'll figure out your Beast Will?"

"I hope." I said. "You've seen me in the field, you know what I am like when I lose it. I go into this frenzy where I seek to kill and enjoy it, even right now I have thoughts of it."

Callias nodded his head. "I know, and for you, a ten year old, to admit everything is very mature. Also, the fact you knew what the problem was, is insane as well."

"Well, I wish I didn't have to admit it." I shook my head in disappointment. "I only wanted to help people in the dungeons, and at the moment I'm not even trusted to do that."

"You're trusted, it's for your wellbeing." Callias told me. "Weren't you the one who chose not to go back into the dungeons?"

"Yeah, I'm just saying, in general, now, I feel like the council may not trust me." It didn't matter if they did or not, but I wanted their trust.

"They trust you, Veer, they know how strong you are." I stood up, spun the sword I had in my hand while he spoke. "Dicathen needs you, and you need it."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, let's go old man, I'm bored here talking." Callias pulled his sword out and it blazed with fire.

"Old man." He pointed his blade at me. "You are on, only swords, no magic."