I'm Back

(One Week Later)

I stepped through the teleportation gate that led to the Orc Crypts and appeared inside of the base. I already said my goodbyes and was ready to get my hands dirty. I wanted to be bathed in blood today, I couldn't wait.

"It's good to be back." Callias said out loud to our group as we took a couple more steps. "Veer, you ready?"

"Of course." I told him.

"You must be the new team." A man in silver armor asked us, he had brown spiky hair, skinny frame like me, with a little more muscle, and spoke very clearly.

"Yes, Commander Bronx." Victoria said and saluted the man.

"It's good to have you guys here." He turned to me and said. "You must be the Devil of Dicathen."

We all froze, I've never been called that before by anyone. "What?" I asked him. "What did you call me?"

Callias, Samantha, and Victoria turned to the Commander, then me, but Samantha was the one who answered me. "Sorry, Commander Bronx, he doesn't know." She paused and gave me a weird look. "Word got out about what you did to the one hundred Alacryans by yourself, and people started calling you a Devil."

I sighed, how original. "I guess Adam was close enough." Callias pushed me jokingly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, Veer." Commander Bronx assured me. "You are kind of famous with all of the people fighting in the dungeons now, I still can't believe you are a Blood Deviant." He ran a hand through his hair. "I can't wait to see it in action."

"I can't wait to show you." I nodded and turned toward the tents.

"Where are we staying?" Victoria asked him.

"That one right there." Commander Bronx pointed at a tent, and I sensed a familiar person near it. "Everything is set up for you guys, and since we just got here, we've only cleared a couple floors."

I started walking, ahead of my group, ignoring everything else said. Callias ran up from behind and walked alongside me. "Why you in a rush?"

"I want to see a friend." I told him simply, and we quickly arrived at our tents.

"Oh, who is that?" Callias asked as he examined our tent.

"You'll see." I said as I looked over at another tent, with a fire going. I could see the team around it very clearly. "Come on, I'll show you."

"You walking over to that team?" Callias joined me at the side, and pointed at the team I was talking about.

"Yes." I smiled, and the one boy, with blonde hair, and a frail body stared at us approaching. I could see him mumble something, then everyone stood up and turned to us.

"Is that?" Callias spoke softly as Tessia's face lit up, and she started to walk toward me.

"Hey, Tess." I said as she got closer and hugged me.

"Veer, you're here." Tess said, and I looked up at her team. It seemed like the three of them already knew who I was. We stopped hugging, and she backed away. "Come on, let me introduce you to my team."

"Okay." I sent her a smile as we walked over to them, as they watched from the fire. Callias walked slowly behind me. I didn't want to tell Tess that I knew who they were already, that would be weird.

"Guys, this is Veer." I smiled at them.

"This is Arthur's younger brother, and the kid who's supposedly killed all the Alacryans." Caria was staring at me. "It's nice to meet you, Tess speaks very highly of you. My name is Caria."