A Planned Meeting

The party being held here was now in three days, there were people of high ranking already showing up, and staying inside of the castle. A bunch of nobles I could give a shit about, luckily, I haven't had to speak to them.

I was currently walking out of my room, I had been absorbing mana from the horn, getting stronger to some degree. I was going to go rest on the balcony and enjoy the sight and sunlight, no one was out there, so I should have some alone time to deal with some thoughts.

I walked the hall the balcony, and the guards I passed bowed, and greeted me. I always nodded and continued walking, I didn't want to be a dick to them and ignore them, like some of the higher ranking people do.

I stepped out onto the balcony, found a seat by itself that was overlooking the Beast Glades, and sat down by myself to enjoy some peace and quiet. Arthur was in the training hall by himself, getting used to being in white core, Ellie was in her room, sleeping, I think.

I was with Aya, we talked about a bunch of things, new spell ideas, fighting styles, and just stupid shit. Aya was truly like an older sister, she was always joking with me, so I enjoyed being with her.

We have now taken down four Retainers, three of them are dead, however, there are still three others, because one of the ones we killed, was a replacement picked out to defeat me. We know that didn't work out, he still fought poorly, but that was because he was a younger Wraith that had been trained to fight with others.

I didn't think Agrona would replace a Retainer this quickly, but I guess to him, obtaining me is important. So, I can't say he won't replace the ones we killed again, maybe not from Wraiths, but from other vritra bloods. It doesn't matter, if they are Retainers, I should be able to handle it now by myself.

What did worry me, was the device Erie tried to use on me. I knew about it, so I got out of the way before it activated, but what happens if they set up a bigger trap, that removes my mana, and captures me. There could also be other artifacts that I don't know about, so I'll have to watch out for anything.

What if Agrona sends a team of Wraiths to my location? I want to be cocky right now, and say, oh yeah, I would kill them all, but I'm pretty sure it would be over for me. At least I hope that there are no more Alacryan spies inside of the castle, so he should not know where I am. That is if I stay hidden at all times from our own troops and battles, which I am not going to do. I just can't stay in one position too long; I need to keep moving to make sure I can't be located.

Actually, I guess I don't, I could create countless clones, weak ones, and lay them all throughout Dicathen. This would make it hard for Agrona to locate precisely where I was, of course, to soldiers that see the clones, they may see how weak it is if it has to fight.

"Virion." A voice spoke from behind me, and I felt all the happiness in me leave my body. "We need to speak."

I sighed as I stood up and spun around. "Aldir, good afternoon to you." I said sarcastically. "Let me guess, about going to Epheotus?"

"Yes." Aldir took a couple of steps forward and stood about five yards from me. "Lord Indrath wants to see the boy who has now taken down three Retainers, he was interested in you before, but now, you peeked even further."

"I peeked even further?" I thought the term was you peeked my interest, not even further.

"He wants to speak with you." Aldir said once again. "Windsom will be here the day after the party to get you, and you will be taken to Epheotus to see Lord Indrath. This is an order not a request, you know that, I already spoke with the council, and now they have agreed as long as you come back at a reasonable time." Aldir's eyes were glaring at me, like he wasn't asking, he was just relaying to me what I must do.