Academy Life

(Three Months Later)

I wish that I became an adventurer, because this academy life is so boring. I wake up, go to class, eat when I can, hang out with Arthur or Tessia, then go to bed. It was like the same thing every day.

On occasions, I changed up my day and trained with the Disciplinary Committee. Claire likes me, so she allows it. I enjoyed it when I sparred with Arthur, Claire, or Kathyln. Surprisingly, Kathyln's ice magic isn't that bad, so it's fun to go one on one with her while I use ice and water as well.

The Team Fighting Mechanics class is going on a dungeon run in two weeks, but I'm not allowed to go. My parents, Arthur, and Director Goodsky all thought it best if I stayed behind, because I was too young. I was stronger than the students going, and it wasn't even a dangerous dungeon.

Well, it wasn't considered dangerous, but it will be when the students go. The Alacryans infected the mana beast there, and most of them are stronger than they should be. Also, the beasts on the lower floors make their way up to the top floors. I believe they will encounter two Widow Queens, B Class beast.

While they go and have fun, for a little at least. I'll be stuck at the academy, doing who knows what, probably training by myself.

I was currently sitting in Arthur's personal training room alone; I have been fighting with a thing that Gideon made called Tobi. I was taking a quick breather, as I got ready for round three with it. The Tobi device was a good thing for me, since I trained alone most of the time.

I stood and activated Tobi, then reinforced my body with mana, and launched myself at it. I swung my flame covered sword at its body, but it quickly moved out of the way. I was only focusing on enhancing my body with elements, I wasn't using any range spells.

I swung from the right, and then from the left, attacking Tobi as fast as I could, using wind mana to increase my movements. I wasn't using my blood magic for obvious reasons; I was fighting a machine. Tobi sent a roundhouse kick at me, and I blocked it with my sword, it moved me slgihtly.

I continued my attacks at Tobi, trying to take it down only with fire and wind. My blade made contact and sliced through Tobi's right arm. His left hand went to grab me, and I side stepped away from it.

I brought my sword up and started attacking the one armed machine, it was slowing down, allowing me to connect with my attacks. I slid my blade into its chest, and then its shoulder, and then its head.

Tobi fell over and turned off, I sighed. I released my magic, and then took a deep breath. It felt good to get that out, I don't know why I had anger built up in me but taking down Tobi right there relieved me of it.

"I think it's dead." I turned to see Gideon walking in staring at his creation and shaking his head. "What's with you Leywin boys? It's like you two need to kill everything you touch."

"Maybe if you made something a little bit stronger, we wouldn't destroy them so easily." I shot back at him.

"You cheeky brat." Gideon walked up and started to examine Tobi. "Where is your brother?"

"I don't know." I sat down on a rock and placed my sword back into my mana ring. "With the Disciplinary Committee probably."

"I see." He stood up. "Then I'll go."

"Am I not good enough for you?"

Gideon started to walk toward the door. "I just needed to pick your brother's brain; you won't be any help." He walked out before I could even respond.

I wanted to try something, but it needed to be in secret. I walked over to the door, and made sure it was locked now, so no one could just walk in like Gideon did. I pulled a little knife out of my mana ring and held it in my hand.