The Iron Tombs Pt. IV

Virion Leywin

I was sitting around our fire with Callias and Samantha as we waited for our next orders, the captains of the squads that remained were currently in with Commander Xander who questioned me a little further, and he seemed to find me pretty interesting.

"That was ruff yesterday." Callias said as he recalled what happened yesterday, and the people I didn't know, but lost. "I bet they are going to send more mages here and have us join them." I nodded; he was probably right.

A portal frame opened near the center of the base, and three people walked through. "Who is that?" Samantha asked as we all stood up, and I sighed. "What is it, Veer?" The two of them looked at me.

"Shit!" I took my mask off aggressively and threw it to the ground, and then started to walk to the tent they walked into, which was where the captains were meeting.

"He's just a kid?" Callias stared at me in shock, Samantha didn't say anything just stared as well. I ignored them, as I got closer to the main tent, but Callias ran up and started walking with me. "How old are you? You can't be in your teens."

"I'm nine." I told him Samantha didn't move but stayed back near the fire. "You just remember who saved your ass." I gave him a cold glare and stood at the entrance of the tent.

"I know, I --." Callias was cut off by Commander Xander's voice.

"Commander Virion, what brings you here?" Callias shot me a look of confusion, and I rolled my eyes. I liked fighting beside Callias, and I didn't want to leave already. I opened the tent and they all turned to me. "Who are --?" He didn't finish, he realized who I was.

"Gramps, Aldir, dad, I guess you found me." I ran a hand through my ash brown hair, and my dad ran up to me, and hugged me. "Hey, dad."

"What did you think you were doing?" He asked me, as he continued to hug me. "The Iron Tombs are dangerous."

"Gramps?" Callias said from my side.

"Virion, what you did here was irresponsible." Elder Virion told me, as my dad kept an arm around me, but I was now facing everyone. "However, I've heard what you did, and I have to say, good job."

"I would have never put him out in the field if I knew, Commander." Commander Xander bowed to Elder Virion. "Please forgive me."

"Oh, your fine, Xander, I'm afraid this kid could take out your whole squad by himself." Elder Virion smiled at me. "That's why we discussed it on our way over, Rey, would you like to tell him what we decided?"

I stopped my dad from talking. "I hope you know I'm not coming back; I just want you to know that before you continue." They all looked at me. "I actually enjoy the team I was placed on; this is Callias, he's my friend." Everyone looked at him.

"H-hey." He waved, then bowed. "Nice to meet you all." Seems he gets a little nervous in front of high ranking officials.

"Thank you for fighting with my son." My dad sent him a smile.

"Virion, please let your father explain, he has no intention of bringing you back." Aldir spoke calmly. "Even though your mother is going to be upset." I looked up at my dad and waited for him to talk.

"Son, being here with strangers, even if they are kind." He looked at Callias, then back to me. "Is not what a nine year old should be doing, however, I understand you aren't a normal kid, like your brother. Your mother and I might think that you should come back, but I know that you won't." He placed both arms on my shoulders and held me at arm's length apart. "Elder Virion is going to have the Twin Horns come here and aid your squad, I'll feel a lot better if you are here with them, I'm sure your mother will come around eventually."