White Core Pt. II

It was the next day, and I was currently in the medical wing. "How are you feeling?" I asked Aya as she laid in her bed. She woke up this morning, so when I heard, I came straight down to see her. King and Queen Eralith left when I showed up, they had a meeting with some of their personal elven guards.

"I feel normal, no injuries, I'm just tired, and it is hard to move at all." She responded horsely, I could tell she was tired. I was sitting next to her on a chair. "I can't believe what you did, you took down two Retainers, you were exactly how I pictured." Even being tired, the Lance sent me a warm smile. "You did great out there, without you, I would have died."

"Well, you were only in that situation because I was there, they wanted to capture me, so I thank you for being there to protect me." I smiled back at her. "Anyway, you really were only out for a day, you didn't miss much, but obviously they locked up Rahdeas."

"I figured, everything played out as planned." Aya responded. "Is Arthur, okay? I partially remember him being covered in those burn marks, but he was fighting like it did not affect him."

"Yeah, he is fine, he is currently healing in the room two doors down." I told her, I was also at this very moment, helping Sylvie and him absorb mana from the horns, I was doing my best to make sure I helped out as much as I could. "I'm sorry for giving you false info, Aya, I take partial blame for your struggle against Lyra, I forgot about the vibration spell she had that could disrupt spells." I lowered my head slightly, I did feel a little guilty for the pain I caused her, I told her to use illusion magic, and I am assuming it didn't work on her.

I felt a hand slowly rest on my head. "Veer, you can't know everything, you are fine, I am just happy we won. I heard we are having a celebration for completing our mission successfully."

I raised my head, looking at the Lance as she removed her hand. "We are, a bunch of nobles and some higher ranking war leaders are coming as well to see the bodies of the Retainers, and to celebrate their defeat." I shrugged. "It was my idea, but now I have to dress up."

"You know, at these things, people are supposed to bring dates." Aya said with a grin. "You have someone you can ask?"

I stared at the Lance, seeing if she was serious or not, I could not really tell. "I am a Lance, I don't need to show up with a date, Aya." I said questioningly. "And to answer that question, no, I have no one I could ask."

"Hmm." Aya was still grinning, even tired, she finds ways to mess with me. "How about Prince Kathyln? I heard the two of you get along quite well, and if I am right, she should be here in the castle."

I shook my head at Aya. "No, I am not going to ask the Princess to go to the party with me." I leaned back into the chair, thinking about what Erie said about Sylvie. She doesn't even have a human form yet, I know she gets one, but I don't know, it's hard to think that way about her while she only has a fox form and a dragon form. "What about you? Why won't you ask anyone?"

"Well, let me explain something to you since you are young, Veer." Aya laughed slightly. "We women, do not ask the men to go to a party hosted by nobles, the men are the ones who are supposed to ask." I nodded my head at her as she went on. "And I am a Lance, so I have to be pure in front of the people."

"What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"Haha, it is different for you, the council does not care what you do, one, because you are young, and two, they can't control you." Aya was right, I guess they don't really care. "So, you could ask Princess Kathyln, and to be honest, King Glayder might be happy if you did."

"Just stop, Aya." I said while shaking my head, trying not to think about it anymore. "Let's talk about something else." I suggested so I would stop feeling slightly embarrassed.