Left Behind

Ellie Leywin

I missed my two brothers, I was sad they left to do things for our continent without me, but I knew that I couldn't help out like they do. I could only do my part, by staying inside the Floating Castle and training,

Boo was now taller than me, and he got a lot thicker, I was currently shooting my bow at a target twenty feet from me. I've done this so many times, it's rare that I miss. Helen only comes by when she has to report to Elder Virion, and when she does, Veer comes back as well.

Elder Virion told me that my little brother has been doing good things down in the dungeons. He said without him, they wouldn't clear them as fast. I didn't know if that was true or not, but Veer was a Blood Deviant.

"Ellie, what are you doing?" My dad asked, as he walked onto the balcony. I released the arrow I had on my string, and it hit the target dead on. "Nice shot." He exclaimed.

"I'm just practicing." I told him and drew another arrow. "Where's mom?"

"She's laying in bed." He stood next to me as I released the next arrow, and it hit the target again. "Your mother had a rough night." I turned to him.

"Again?" My mother hasn't been handling Veer and Arthur both leaving too good, which I understood. Your oldest and youngest both leave to fight in the war, while your middle child is useless.

"You know your mother doesn't want Veer fighting, she thinks he is too young, which I agree." He paused and then rubbed Boo's head. "But Veer is a Blood Deviant, and a powerful mage, it's hard to say no to someone with that much power." Veer was a mid stage silver core mage, who knows, he could be a white core soon.

"I know, dad." I smiled up at him. "I agree with mom, I understand why Arthur is fighting, we know he is strong, but Veer is younger than me, and even Princess Tessia isn't involved in the war." Tessia still wasn't fighting in the war, she bugs Elder Virion about it all the time, but he hasn't budged.

"Yeah, if Veer was a couple years older, I wouldn't mind it, but you and him are only nine, so it's hard." I wish I had Veer's powers. "However, he wants to fight, so he will fight, it's hard to stop someone with that mentality." I would agree, it would be hard to stop him at all, because of his strength.

"He has been trained by strong people, so he has that going for him as well." I believe he was trained by Elder Virion, Aldir, and Lance Aya.

"Yeah, he has, maybe the most powerful people in Dicathen." My dad tilted his head. "I am curious, who is going to be stronger, Arthur when he gets back, or Veer when he grows up a little more and gets experience."

"Veer was already close to Arthur's level, but Arthur has always been stronger, so I have to say Arthur." Veer maybe a Blood Deviant, but Arthur was always the strongest. Oh, that reminds me, Arthur also trained Veer.

"I might have to agree with you there, but from what Helen tells me, Veer is also a force of nature." I didn't know much of his time in the Iron Tombs, just that he killed a mutant beast by himself. "What he did before coming back to us that day, was just, was just terrifying." What did Veer do?

"I thought he just killed a shit ton of beast?" I asked him.

"Watch your mouth." My mother said, as she entered onto the balcony. "He did just kill beasts; your father is just shocked in how many he killed." She gave my father a look that I knew, it was the stop talking look. What did Veer do?

"Oh." I replied, not trying to pry and make them mad. "I thought you were sleeping, mom?"

"I decided to get up and watch you train." She said honestly as she hugged dad in front of me. "Is there any word on how Veer is doing?"