Arthur vs Jagrette Pt. III

Arthur Leywin

I was unable to respond because Jagrette was on me, trying to get to the tree to heal herself, which I was not going to allow. I swung at her, driving her back towards the middle of the ring, I was running low on mana, I have been using up mana consistently this whole fight, even with mana rotation, I was running low.

My sword cut through tendril after tendril as she made her way away from me, but I didn't allow that to happen. I shot toward her, turning her attention back to me, and away from the tree line.

Her hand came up, grabbing my wrist as I swung down on her, and she sent acidic mana into my wrist, making me drop Dawn's Ballad to the ground. I knew I could not swing my fist at her face, it would just burn me.

I quickly grabbed her arm and activated "Absolute Zero" and pushed it onto her, making her release her grip on me, and the two of us separated as I grabbed my sword in the process. I looked down at my body, I had marks all over it, not burn marks, but like a rash or scar, obviously, it was from her acid, but it looked different.

My heartbeat quickened as I sensed something, and that is when we both froze as the dark aura I felt before rose into the sky.

Jagrette and I both looked into the sky as Veer appeared, I could only see him because of my mana enhanced vision. "The brat has arrived!" Jagrette said, looking up at him as his skin began to transform, scales began to grow, runes appeared, and his hair turned red. "He truly is the devil..."

I felt my body start to relax as it got lighter, Veer must be using his blood healing on me, but how? He just fought over a hundred soldiers; shouldn't he be tired. I guess it does not matter, I have a fight to win.

I didn't need Veer worrying about me, I was his older brother, I was supposed to worry about him. "I would worry about me first!" I said as Veer vanished in the air, and I charged at the one armed Retainer, knowing that I could defeat her, all I needed was one more good strike.

I swung my blade at her, acidic mana jumped at me, but I dodged it, seeing it coming at me as I used Realmheart. I don't think I could stop time again, maybe one more, it drains me quite a bit. My blade came down on her, near her shoulder, but Jagrette managed to dodge the attack, sending a knee into my gut, knocking the wind out of me slightly.

She reached down, gripped my throat, and started to burn it using her acid. "Stop with this!" I roared, gripping her arm as I pushed past the pain it inflicted when I grabbed her, it was like grabbing acid, but I had to, I activated "Absolute Zero" once again, freeing myself from her.

I swung my blade at her only arm, but she pulled back, and I shot wind bullets at her, hoping that her acidic mist couldn't melt it, but as it entered her vicinity, they vanished. I think the mist melted the spell down and took it in as its own.

Tendrils came at me, I cut through them one after another, or froze them, she kept backing away from me, trying to get to a tree to heal herself, so I brought the fire to her back, and shot at her at the same time, slicing through the tendrils with ease.

The fire impacted on the Retainer's back, but didn't do much, I swung my blade at her chest, and as she went to dodge it, she was too late, my blade slid from the top of her shoulder down to her belly button, leaving a giant mark in her armor, and blood rushing down her leg.

"Die!" She roared, even being in pain like I cause, the Retainer was relentless, I could see the ground beneath, in all directions, corrosive mana was building up, and about to explode out, it would destroy this whole part of the forest if I allowed it.

I shot at the Retainer, and like a volcano, sludge started to shoot up, green, yet brownish fudge, that melted everything that it came into contact with. I used wind and my own speed to escort myself out of harm's way, making sure nothing hit me, or froze it if I had to.